Reply to Thread

Thread: Generals arrive before sending?

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Generals arrive before sending?

A found that my Generals where on the adventure at the moment I went there. They went back in time, almost 7 minutes.
    I checked this by going to the Trade Office scrolled down to the last entry and saw that the trade ends at 06:06:48

This is impossible because trade time in a maximum of 06:00:00 hours, the maximum displayed time should be 05:59:59 because the delay between displayed on my trade office and the start of the person who made it.

What is going on here. It is very simple, the clock in one ore more of the servers is slow.
    Why is the clock slow, again very simple the CMOS battery in the computer is depleted.
    This battery keeps the clock in the computer steady because of it the deviation of time is less then microseconds a year but when empty the clock will run seconds slow a day.
    What can be done about it, sort of simple, change the battery, identifying witch computer has the empty battery is a challenge when the server room if filled with more then a 100 computers, these computers will not have a monitor attached to it, there is no need, so on the outside there is no visible way to see where the computer is witch has the empty battery.
    Change a battery in all of them is the next option.

A software solution is to sync the servers on a daily basis with a remote sync time command, or run a protocol each day that does this.

Checking the trade office for to see if you are on the slow server instead a trade is the only thing you can do, making the clock on time is up to the people who own the computers in the serverroom

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    who knows, maybe trades get influenced by PFB etc as well - it is TSO )

Also, the display in the "not to be mentioned" version of the game shows real time, not relative time

So it could be a server side issue- a general coding issue or optical or client side issue

Seeing it shows on multiple servers, chances are that it is not a battery issue
    Last edited by Qualan; 30.04.23 at 06:49.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    no, in servers its not battery, servers time goes slower when CPU is overloaded, should sort itself out nearest ntp sync, but it does not, if your account is in that server, you have instatravel and can see trades for over 6h.

Reply to Thread