Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Slow load, no chat

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Seems to me like there's something like a 10% chance of actually being able to get the game to start up - most of the time it just hangs about 90% through the progress bar, and sits there forever. Clearing all app data in browser, or changing browsers etc. doesn't help, but just reloading over and over again seems to (eventually).
    There's an error that appears in the DevTools console at the point it stops loading: "dOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
    at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 "

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Failing to load

04/05/2023
    Game fails to load. Was working perfectly yesterday.
    Using Chrome and cleared cache and reinitialised.
    No joy.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Usermaatre View Post
    Seems to me like there's something like a 10% chance of actually being able to get the game to start up - most of the time it just hangs about 90% through the progress bar, and sits there forever. Clearing all app data in browser, or changing browsers etc. doesn't help, but just reloading over and over again seems to (eventually).
    There's an error that appears in the DevTools console at the point it stops loading: "dOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
    at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 "
    Some players have reported that Chrome recently made an update that "disables" background tabs to free up memory, and this may be the cause. This can be turned off in Chrome's settings.

Quote Originally Posted by KingsmanGuy View Post
    04/05/2023
    Game fails to load. Was working perfectly yesterday.
    Using Chrome and cleared cache and reinitialised.
    No joy.
    This is just too general, can you please share more details? Do you have any photo/screenshot of the error message?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Definitely not related to Chrome extensions or memory management option. Happens with Edge too. Literally the only way to get it to load is to wait and keep retrying. Typically it loads fine if it's been a while since I last successfully logged in.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Usermaatre View Post
    Definitely not related to Chrome extensions or memory management option. Happens with Edge too. Literally the only way to get it to load is to wait and keep retrying. Typically it loads fine if it's been a while since I last successfully logged in.
    Could you please share more details about this issue? Any screenshot/photo will be very helpful. If it's not related to this thread, please make a new thread with the report, and I will cover it there.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    EndOfStreamException/EndOfFile exception still happens if you try to log in again too soon after logging out (or being booted out), no amount of cache/db clearing helps.

Reply to Thread