Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Previous update

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

Previous update

Please note that the update/maintenance that brought in the football event has also corrupted the mails sent by the system during the Valentines Event, all the message headers are now lengthy "object not found" type messages, as are parts of the main body of text within the message.
    These were the mails generated when we drpped/received cards on the flower farms, and the exchanges of flower bouquets, so that update has corrupted the database of actions essential to that event.
    Don't know if you're now reallocating resources on the fly from event to event, or if this is another unintended knock-on where a change bugs something that was working before, but left unchecked this is going to cause the merde to hit the fan in 6 months time when you reintroduce the Valentines Event.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Could you please post a picture/screenshot of the mentioned mails?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Could you please post a picture/screenshot of the mentioned mails?
    As I keep telling you, cut n paste still does not function in game, and this laptop seems to have an aversion to the PrtScrn function, I will try to revive an older computer and upload from that, the mobile phone's camera doesn't produce clear enough images .
    As the mails were always on the 1st page of messages once explorer mails were cleared, it was very obvious something had changed the day after that particular maintenance.
    We love our new CM.

World
    Newfoundland

Image of the mailbox just showing the corrupted message headers.

Mailbox with one of the offending messages open.
    As you can see, only the header is corrupted (think it used to read "A message from your Valentine" or something like that.
    The main body of the mail is unaffected, can read all 9 variants of those creepy messages, so looks like the update has corrupted the top level label common to all 9 "cards" from which the message subject should have been generated.

Boy this used to be much easier on the Amiga, could upload screenshots of bugs and translation suggestions to Volker via a bulletin board in seconds, even with the dial-up modems we were using in those days, 31 years on it's a nightmare despite using insanely fast and powerful comps using superfast broadband connections, how did we let Bill Gates take us backwards?
    We love our new CM.

World
    Newfoundland
    Grrr, image links haven't worked, will try to think of something else
    We love our new CM.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    i think it is looking like mine :/

addy loot mail.jpg

and if you collecting this lot for a quest, the resources don't count towards that goal - it doesn't move the count up
    Last edited by Max_turtle; 17.07.23 at 05:37. Reason: additional information

World
    Newfoundland
    Afraid not Max,but thanks.
    Looks like a similar problem but affecting the Valentines Event mails and the mechanics of the event.
    Going to try something else to display these screenshots, otherwise I'll have to attach them to a contact form marked for Traffer's attention.

(Still not working, will try plain text links instead:

)

http://thesettlersonlinewiki.com/upl...033Valbug1.jpg

http://thesettlersonlinewiki.com/upl...659Valbug2.jpg

Yippee!
    Traffer, you and anybody else interested can click the 2 red hyperlinks above to retrieve the screenshots.
    What a palaver just to illustrate a bug, was never this hard to achieve before.
    Glad I'm no longer making adv guides.
    Last edited by Nogbad; 16.07.23 at 03:37.
    We love our new CM.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_turtle View Post
    i think it is looking like mine :/

Attachment 7632

and if you collecting this lot for a quest, the resources don't count towards that goal - it doesn't move the count up
    Which adventure is it?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Which adventure is it?

it isn't a single adventure - all lotmail older than 27.03.2023 has been stripped of their name. i have a supportticket, but they are still looking into it, because redeaming the lot is not counting towards quests

World
    Newfoundland
    Sorry Max, I open all my adv lootmails as soon as they arrive for obvious reasons, don't want bugs like this or the instability of the mail system to rob me of my hard-earned loot.
    Can't understand why you're keeping them that long unless you're Level 80 and anticipating a rise in the level cap soon.
    Did they change after the same maintenance/update? The timing is close enough and they do both appear to be caused by a change/corruption in the database.

Wish I had kept some old lootmails though, they would have shown my Northisle Gen Anslem in action on those Halloween ventures, he never returned from the final one and despite several tickets he remains "missing in action".
    We love our new CM.

Reply to Thread