Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "General error" upon login

World
    Newfoundland

Exclamation "General error" upon login

In the last few days I have received the following error message when logging in via the website:
    "A general error has occurred. Please refresh the page and try again."

Further notes:
    - The password and username were correct.
    - This occured in the latest Firefox and Edge browsers.
    - I cleared browser caches and restarted them without success.
    - I also tried private/incognito windows without success.
    - Invalid username or password errors were not presented with correct credentials.
    - I successfully logged into Ubisoft account pages without difficulty, the issue only occurred for TSO.

Although I successfully logged in a few minutes ago without any difficulty and using my usual method, I would like to know what actually happened in the last few days and how to avoid it.

At the same time, using the support form was not possible due to persistent 'Invalid kapcha code' error being presented on submission.

Good explanations on both topics would be very much appreciated.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    it broke, they fixed it- eventually :P

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    This is what i have read from German forum:

There was a global login problem since 4:00 p.m. 18.07 and it was a technical issue.

The official all-clear has already been given by the developers. The game has been available again since around 3:10 p.m. 19.07.

First of all, we want to make sure that everything is and remains good.
    Then we look at your reports and what we see in terms of losses system-wide.
    Therefore, the observation phase will continue today and we will publish the final result tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the technical problems also prevented us from posting anything on the homepage or in the forum. You can check the status of the game at any time on our social media pages. Facebook can also be viewed if you don't have an account and go to the official page.

The ticket system can still not be used. It is currently not possible to create new tickets. We're still checking.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    > the technical problems also prevented us from posting anything on the homepage or in the forum

I have to say, as a programmer who's worked at several companies that have hosted SaaS solutions and been at least partly responsible for maintenance of said systems, it beggars belief that it would be impossible to post anything to either site for well over 12 hours (btw, nor was there anything official on their FB or twitter sites) - and even now after the login problem has been resolved, there's still no sort of official explanation/apology etc.
    I get that TSO is a free game, I don't expect gold-plated support, and it's obviously not the end of the world if there are periods the game is offline, but it's hard not to feel that BB aren't even showing the bare minimum of respect to their userbase.

World
    Newfoundland
    Appreciate the update from the German forum, it is no excuse though and while it is a Fremium game, real world money has and continues to be invested by many players. I look forward to a reasonable justification that includes:
    1. What actually happened?
    2. Why doesn't basic support work?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Jarmo View Post
    This is what i have read from German forum:
    1)
    First of all, we want to make sure that everything is and remains good.
    Then we look at your reports and what we see in terms of losses system-wide.
    Therefore, the observation phase will continue today and we will publish the final result tomorrow.

2)
    Unfortunately, the technical problems also prevented us from posting anything on the homepage or in the forum. You can check the status of the game at any time on our social media pages. Facebook can also be viewed if you don't have an account and go to the official page.

1)
    The ticket system can still not be used. It is currently not possible to create new tickets. We're still checking.
    1) they look into losses - how can we submit them when the ticket-system is still down

2) the german BB used the public German TSO FB page to notify players that there were technical problem -- since twitter requires an account to get on their page and i'm not willing to get one.

World
    Newfoundland
    Nice to know a few German players that happen to follow the German FB page were well informed.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Update from German forum again:

So, rest assured, we will always use the home page (and forum) for informational purposes. If possible.
    In the case of normal game failures, maintenance, emergency maintenance, versions, etc., this is not a problem either, but if there are technical issues in the backend/login, then unfortunately it is only possible via Facebook.

Unfortunately, Twitter now only works with registrations - we don't even assume that. But Facebook should still be visible.

Everything went very quietly during the night. The support team is also available again.
    Then today we'll take a look at the important losses you've noted here and will put together a package accordingly.

More on that later.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    There was a technical problem that prevented everyone from logging in. We received a notification shortly after it occurred and it was forwarded to our dev team. It took some time to fix and first the login was restored, followed by the "support", so everything is now fully operational.

We always inform you about such problems/downtimes on our communication channels when possible, as it is not our intention to keep you in the "dark," which unfortunately happened this time.

I want to apologise for the situation.

World
    Newfoundland
    > At the same time, using the support form was not possible due to persistent 'Invalid kapcha code' error being presented on submission.

Any thoughts on why the Support Form on the website was not working at the same time the logins gave 'General error' messages?

Reply to Thread