Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Longboat Storehouse disappeared (no warning or information given whatsoever)

World
    Sandycove

Longboat Storehouse disappeared (no warning or information given whatsoever)

Prima facie, I do not consider this as a bug but a choice made by the developers to make this long awaited reward (at least by me) a temporary "special" building.

I just intended to change it's position as I was purchasing more of them from the TO, the original building disappeared.

However, BB or their Moderators can surely claim this incident as a bug and please do return my longboat storehouse which I rightfully earned.

In any case, I consider it highly unprofessional that such a critical information was hidden or held back from the players for whatever reasons.
    Last edited by Jiggy8; 29.10.23 at 10:24.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy8 View Post
    Prima facie, I do not consider this bug but a choice made by the developers to make this long awaited reward (at least by me) a temporary "special" building.
    WOW the big BB conspiracy and that all for a free item from event calendar- What else will the Evil developers think of next to make your gaming life not worth living...

I really think you are barking up the wrong tree there- There is nothing to gain and much to lose from doing this kind of thing deliberately- You canbelieve whatever you want but odds are that you are dead wrong there

However, BB or their Moderators can surely claim this incident as a bug and please do return my longboat storehouse which I rightfully earned.
    There is a perfectly good -individual- process in place to deal with these matters, it is called logging a ticket with support. I suggest using it, if you want a better chance to get the item refunded

In any case, I consider it highly unprofessional that such a critical information was hidden or held back from the players for whatever reasons.
    Priceless really-
    1) It is not really critical, just annoying-if it was really game critical, there would have been an emergency maintenance already
    2) I bet it wasn't hidden, the point of bugs is that most times the company doesn't know they exists or find out they exists at too late a point to change anything about it in a right old hurry
    3) The main reason bugs aren't announced, is because they get found out after the fact- there are countless examples of this from all major software companies- You can label them all as unprofessional all you want, but that doesn't make it so

So be angry but don't then lash out with unfounded comments/remarks and accusations and try using the processes in place to fix it

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    - whatever, too much to read -
    I want my Longboat Storehouse back. Period.

World
    Newfoundland
    Same thing happened to me today, my Longboat Storehouse just disappeared after I demolished it... I've contacted the support right away and that's the same thing You should do.
    My poor Viking settlers don't even want to work now, they are extremely sad! They are consuming way too many cookies now...
    Be realistic, demand the impossible!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin420 View Post
    Same thing happened to me today, my Longboat Storehouse just disappeared after I demolished it... I've contacted the support right away and that's the same thing You should do.
    My poor Viking settlers don't even want to work now, they are extremely sad! They are consuming way too many cookies now...
    Very true.

If support doesnt solve it- u can have my longboat, my little duckie is good enough for me to float about int he pond

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    Very true.

If support doesnt solve it- u can have my longboat, my little duckie is good enough for me to float about int he pond
    Oh thats very kind of you Qualan! Greetings for your little duckie ha!
    But I have a problem now, my Viking settlers started to gather with pitchforks and torches, yelling: ''Hail King Qua Lan!''
    Be realistic, demand the impossible!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Lost my boat... knocked it down playing with farms and it didnt go back to my star!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

picture in description with(out) star

When you click on a building you will always see a picture and a description on the top.
    If the picture of the building has a star-ish background then the building will return to the star-menu when demolished.

Barrel with star background

However if there is no star-ish background as is the case with the longboat storehouse from the event calendar

Longboat without the star background

upon demolishing it will be removed forever.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by katystrofe View Post
    -snip-
    You prove my point. Many thanks.

This is the reason I did not put my post in 'Technical Errors & Bugs'

BB's own records show the building was first introduced in 2021. And that particular building (Longboat Storehouse) goes back in star menu.

How can such a critical bug creep in a copy-paste code unless someone takes a "conscious effort" to change the code?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Very sad ((

Reply to Thread