Reply to Thread

Thread: Bandit Adventure Season

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove

Angry Bandit Adventure Season

Hey BB,

Next time you give us a mini event that encourages us to do adventures, how about making sure the servers are up to it?

I started a Prem day thought I'd hit Woodys for XP to level up, after getting 3 done in as many hours, due to spinning timer each time I load a gen, multiple game freezes and getting kicked out when the server is shut down 'for maintenance purposes' (lies) and getting locked out for 20 mins at a time, I gave up.

Yes I cleared caches, yes I tried multiple browers..... your excuses about moving to a new data centre don't cut it with me, this game's been broken ever since Flash ended and you lot are clueless as to how to fix it - just put a sticking plaster on it and break something else.

I'm done, surprised I stayed around this long after Flash... wasted optimism.

You won't care and neither will I - better things to do.

Done.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    REALY second to that,
    but as there was no maintenance, they planned it with hallow, and as they "hardcode" the date instead of having code call the variable that points into changeable value in DB, mini started. The crab with servers started second week of hallo, that's when worst "shait" hit the fan. But they could at least try to restart servers after hallo, if they knew autotrigger would enable that event, coz server after fresh restart seems to keep it up at least for couple of days.
    Anyway, if it was unplayable over hallow, and they haven't done any maint. it will be unplayable now.
    Defo best was that mail, they sent to inactives, so they start coming back, before any changes. So now you have folks popping up, asking about what changed to better, they start play, get hammerman and are gone again for very long period or for good. makes you laugh on BB.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Unfortunately
    its a bit of a lottery how the game will perform
    no need to go into various glitches/bugs in the game
    the haphazard nature of the game have left one feeling
    exasperated
    here's hoping the game has settled down in time for x-mas event

World
    Sandycove
    It seems only Sandycove is the beloved world for all such experiments and technical initiatives, whether it is the server crash at the Halloween event start or the Halloween Event and Bandit Adventure Season right in the middle of the claimed One-month++ server migration.

The 100% Gem Sell during such circumstances is just a controlled psych experiment, it seems. How humans spend their cash when given a lucrative offer on a semi-functioning product.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sandycove has a long history of additional problems and crashes so it must be server specific issue somewhere in the hardware or software- i think they renewed servers so it is likely something int he coding and we all know how much time they spend fixing "minor" issues

Hopefully someone will have a look as the server has at least 30% more issues than others i know of

or maybe they can start merging servers at somepoint and merge u all away from the problems - instead of merging others into the problems
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 29.11.23 at 10:42. Reason: double post

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello Kafka-.

Thank you for your honest opinion.

I know the game is not fun when you experience technical problems beyond your control. Unfortunately, as we wrote on our website, we are currently in the process of migrating to a new data center and the move itself had to happen.

I know you may have doubts about the process, but it's really happening, and it doesn't just affect the Sandycove server.

We're sorry for this, and I hope you will check the game again once the process is over.

Reply to Thread