Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How many explorers have you got?

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

How many explorers have you got?

And, more specifically, how long does it take you to send them all out?

And, how much would you appreciate a "send all" option for explorers?

I'll go first... I have 169 explorers and it takes me roughly 20 - 25 mins to send them all out each time, for example during an event when they return with pumpkins or whatever. My wrist aches during events. I take painkillers for it. If I ever quit this game, this will be the reason.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 13.12.23 at 12:03. Reason: double post

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    150 and it feels like a long time with these connection errors...

On a bright note QuaYeR on the German forum reports new content on the Test server:
    New but not yet available/active:
    New buffs with which you can mark buildings so that friends can see which buildings should be buffed, 3 different colors (red, blue, green).
    A new event where you can get more free trading items.
    A new information window that replaces the login window after starting the game and summarizes a lot of information/functions (promotion expired, mine is coming soon, building expansion completed and pretty much everything else).
    New "Eco Adventures", no idea whether these are new adventures in their own right or belong to the new quest series.
    Reference to an island expansion, no idea whether on the home island or as part of the quest line in an adventure.
    A new system with which you can send all explorers/geologists away at once (including the last selected search again) (note gem costs for certain actions).

So there may be a solution

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    220+ takes like 10min before BB replaced servers, dont bother sending besides the 3d and 7d explorers

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonthe1 View Post

On a bright note QuaYeR on the German forum reports new content on the Test server:
    New buffs with which you can mark buildings so that friends can see which buildings should be buffed, 3 different colors (red, blue, green).
    A new information window that replaces the login window after starting the game and summarizes a lot of information/functions (promotion expired, mine is coming soon, building expansion completed and pretty much everything else).
    New "Eco Adventures", no idea whether these are new adventures in their own right or belong to the new quest series.
    Reference to an island expansion, no idea whether on the home island or as part of the quest line in an adventure.
    A new system with which you can send all explorers/geologists away at once (including the last selected search again) (note gem costs for certain actions).

That is definitely a bright note! How exciting!

World
    Newfoundland
    How many explorers have you got?
    73, didnt bother buying more

And, more specifically, how long does it take you to send them all out?
    last I checked something around few minutes 2-3 times per event.

And, how much would you appreciate a "send all" option for explorers?
    dont really care at all, since vast majority of things added to events arent really of any value to me I dont see a need of a feature that will speed up something im not doing anyway.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove

I find no evidence that that player ever made such a post, please provide a link.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    230 roughly last time I counted, about a year ago. Takes maybe 10-15 mins sending all - seldom have all ready to send and always do other things too.

Personally think it is a bad idea with send all options. Last year I have almost only used prolonged searches and not played as much as I used to. And still bought all I wanted in shop and some stuff on trade with ease. Had 50k+ and 40k+ I gave away during two of the events anyway.

Normally I use some of them and not all unless I really have nothing else to do. This for me (and I think many others) is the more of them you get the less effectively you use them. Meaning the newer players can use theirs more effectively so it works to even things out a bit making it easier to close on the old players. Same with space on island - limit makes you pick what to use and work on how to use what you place to the best effect. Not just dump anything with unlimited space. Some pop/store/production/buff buildings goes on market or is gifted that way. Helps even things out a bit.

I think mass send would mean the oldest players gets a huge boost in resources and the newer you are the less you get. Prices in shop goes up probably as BB see how much event res are floating around. Over the years things have gotten more expensive. Some inflation is expected - this would probably speed it up. And now with the oldest players having even more event res as well as other things to trade they would drive prices on anything they wanted up even more if they wanted to use the market a lot - some do.

Personal opinion and know most want the feature, I like the micromanagement, planning figuring out game mechanics etc. And with all huge changes like this it will most likely be here to stay if they add it.

World
    Sandycove

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    195 explorers and have heard the talk of mass send for years...hope it happens but not gonna hold my breath

Reply to Thread