Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: [Feedback] Mayor Update - First Edition

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by OleGit View Post
    The gap between old and new is VERY important. If new players see the game is inherently unfair to them, they will give up - which benefits nobody.

Anyway, it will never happen. It's a somewhat complex task with dubious benefit to BB. And contrary to what is being claimed, I have never seen BB promise this function.
    The help low level get's now compared to when I started is quite different. For the last 5 years, if a low level have a problem with resources, the high level is quick to help so they can get to the fun stuff. At the guild I've been part of for the last many years, at any event all event resources (presents, pumpkin etc) is pooled and used to help the low level to get the important generals, explorers and buildings, so no .. this will no push the low level out - in my experience it will make them play longer. (unless you are a stingy guild that demands they do things themself)

How do you fathom that the task is complex??? They already have a unit container class (quarter meister) - they basically need to change the units that is allowed to explorer and then - when the finite number of units (explorers) have been added - do a batch send given the requested action (e.g. prolonged treasure search). Not saying it's a 2 hours task, but complex ...

World
    Newfoundland
    it all boils down to does BB want an important part of the game to continue being mind numbing spirit crushing injury and leave inducing nightmare or do they want it to have a semblance of fun.
    i am a living example of this - i quit for 4 years because this feature was missing (there were a lot less explorers back then) and am only back because im a masochist at mental low point. is this kind of player BBs target audience?
    the amount of time i put in to help keep this game going and fun for others was considerable. do they want to lose players like these?

wont be helpful again though because these days you get banned for it.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I have little confidence there will be multi-explorer send or for that matter any real improvements again. I used to be against any sort of easy button, but sending explorers, while it may give you something to do, is a tedious test of patience that does not respect your time.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    @ Everyone

Blabla automating is a bad idea...
    Do you want RSI?
    I'm bored with thousands of clicks.
    200 buildings on island: 200 clicks to buff.
    400 clicks to start...
    400 clicks to stop...
    100 explorers send out: 400 clicks..

I am also bored with getting buildings that there is no room for.
    Initial island design was made in 2011, there were more then 100 new buildings introduced after that and we got a few more building spots on the peninsula's.
    Yaj. Another ice palace in star menu... How can we be excited about that?

Say next Halloween event, you get 3 more sunflower fields, that is 3x3 times building space each. Times 3. that already takes up 18 of the few that are available...
    Why even get those if there is no space?

Or another geo. What do you need 10 geo's for if you have say 11 marble deposits or 4 saltpeter deposits?

And also another thing:
    A lot of the suggestions have already been made and ignored over the years.
    We get something like shady deals. That nobody asked for and isn't working.
    Why?
    Because it is not thought out.
    It doesn't matter who is the highest bidder or richest it is the one with highest storage capacity. If an item is of your liking and you want to bid and you have 10 million coins (or whatever is the price) and I have only 2 million, good luck bidding on it if I have 1.5 M storage capacity and you have 1 M....
    You may be richer but you cannot bid...
    And you cannot have that if you want to adventure, then you need population buildings.

And shady dealings end at a time that you MUST be online to bid otherwise someone might outbid you. I don't plan my life around some auction ending. I (and manye people like me) want to play whenever I / we feel like it, be it 4 in the morning or during lunch break.
    So will that shady dealings be removed or will it stay? There is no update on THAT issue either. Like many issues.

One last feedback that has also been addressed many times:
    We want to go to test server to try the new feature, you have to be over level (50 or whatever) and test server starts at lvl 1.. I am not grinding there to reach new level and then are able to see new features...
    I just took a peek, clicked all the select geo , select tavern etc, till lvl 5.. no mail or nothing in starmenu like test server has had before.

But that is just my 2 cents....

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah2_777 View Post
    We want to go to test server to try the new feature, you have to be over level (50 or whatever) and test server starts at lvl 1.. I am not grinding there to reach new level and then are able to see new features...
    To be fair, you can buy packs of 10 levels for fish on the test server.
    Other than the fact that these occasionally give you 11 levels instead of 10, they kind of take care of the problem.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Would also like to know what's going on with Shady dealings. It needs redesigning for sure, there is also an achievement linked to it that most players can't get.
    Have maybe 4 or 5 auctions per day in 5 hr intervals. Keep maybe 2 of the deals per day to 1 player buy only so eventually the giant storage players can't bid anymore in that particular auction.
    Also unlock some items that can be added to the auction that players can auction off like certain pop buildings, village schools & recyclers, There's a place where the multiples of Generals players have achieved can maybe be put up for sale like a Grim Reaper or Martial Artist that new players would love to have that can be sold for gems or resources to other players, unlikely idea I know but it would add some excitement to that part of the game.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    Would also like to know what's going on with Shady dealings.
    In the process of being reworked.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    To be fair, you can buy packs of 10 levels for fish on the test server.
    Other than the fact that these occasionally give you 11 levels instead of 10, they kind of take care of the problem.
    Did not know, thanks.
    Also join date,
    Nov 2011 impressive... I kinda started on the other (sandy) and hence my later date...

We will see what shady dealings will bring. I am offering 2.5 Million water.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 30.01.24 at 09:36. Reason: double post

Reply to Thread