Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 25/01/24

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    when doing adventures, it locks up when i try to visit the adventure island, and now my main island does not load completely.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    The 36 hr wait time is really 48 hrs or more as that's how long it take to deplete the 5 mines, if you not destroyed any mountain/rubble in sector 7 then its a 2 min walk to the nearest store added to each cycle. Seems a bit too long in a 4 day quest. XP earned is great if you not made it to 80 yet.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Second opinion after checking the rewards on wiki. Obviously we have a choice to get either experience, or chance for skin (and the option itself is actually good, so players can chose what they want. Better then having everything mixed together). So I reckon XP option provides opportunity for those who want to level up without much adventuring. Amount of XP though seems overpowered, especially on higher levels. Which is probably what "necessitated" that "wait 37 Hrs" quest and 2 days mining time. While it's kind of understandable that BB does not want XP overpowered component to be done too often, the solution is still dumb, anti-gaming. I would much prefer less XP and difficulty increased some other way while given possibility to speed up mining and kick out that 37 hours waiting. It just does not add anything to the game. I do not care much about XP. Imo availability of XP is already overpowered, so adding another overpowered XP element is questionable, unless you want to add 20 more levels with content (not empty like last time). Personally I will do Starfall for skins. But hey, rethink that waiting element of the chain and replace it with something which looks more like a game.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 02.02.24 at 16:41.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Second opinion after checking the rewards on wiki. Obviously we have a choice to get either experience, or chance for skin (and the option itself is actually good, so players can chose what they want. Better then having everything mixed together). So I reckon XP option provides opportunity for those who want to level up without much adventuring. Amount of XP though seems overpowered, especially on higher levels. Which is probably what "necessitated" that "wait 37 Hrs" quest and 2 days mining time. While it's kind of understandable that BB does not want XP overpowered component to be done too often, the solution is still dumb, anti-gaming. I would much prefer less XP and difficulty increased some other way while given possibility to speed up mining and kick out that 37 hours waiting. It just does not add anything to the game. I do not care much about XP. Imo availability of XP is already overpowered, so adding another overpowered XP element is questionable, unless you want to add 20 more levels with content (not empty like last time). Personally I will do Starfall for skins. But hey, rethink that waiting element of the chain and replace it with something which looks more like a game.
    Does anyone actually want skins?? I find that hard to believe,- but I am grateful that I can avoid more.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Newfoundland
    I would much prefer less XP and difficulty increased some other way
    How exactly do you expect the difficulty increased while they made a concious decision to make it into quests, and quests in this game require you to either press 2 buttons, or wait a while passively generating resources and then press 2 buttons ?

If the rewards are indeed overpowered, one should be at least a little bit happy they didnt accidentally make them completely irrelevant and the entire piece of content DOA.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    How exactly do you expect the difficulty increased while they made a concious decision to make it into quests, and quests in this game require you to either press 2 buttons, or wait a while passively generating resources and then press 2 buttons ?

If the rewards are indeed overpowered, one should be at least a little bit happy they didnt accidentally make them completely irrelevant and the entire piece of content DOA.
    I rather have that than making most of the game doa this way-

https://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/gui...n-discoveries/

the scaling up of xp per level is insane

at level 79 you need 270 million xp to the next level, 1 box gives 49 million which means 6 boxes gets you to lvl 80

Ok they take 4150 starfall shards but with PFB getting you a net return of between 3k and max 3850 shards per quest (i don't expect people to keep up he 2 hr rebuff cycle but they can ) this means - saying 3k per questline lasting 3 days it will take 9 quests to collect the needed 25k shards so lvl 79-80 in 1 month

That is in my opinionn way overpowered compared to the current path/time form 79-80

The scaling works out worse lower down

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post

This is the only part of the game where you regularly just wait and can't do anything about that. When you have quests with production, you can modify how fast you want to do that using buffs, level buildings, build more buildings - so you can adjust your economy for that. That creates some gaming opportunities, you have a choice. This is literally just wait, nothing else. No planning, no adjustments, no tweaks of economy, nothing. That does not encourage gaming. I'd rather waste expensive resources on making buffs to mine faster, or perform another quest which will speed up mining, anything which would present an option other then just waiting 2 days. Everyone else can still wait two days if they want. I want options. Activity without options is not a game, it is mundane, routine boredom.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 02.02.24 at 23:42.

World
    Sandycove
    The 'Master Compendium Of Starfall Phenomenon Breakthroughs' (4150 Star Shards) will give you skins for your residence, provision house, warehouse, tavern, barracks and even Mayor House.
    Enjoy!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy8 View Post
    The 'Master Compendium Of Starfall Phenomenon Breakthroughs' (4150 Star Shards) will give you skins for your residence, provision house, warehouse, tavern, barracks and even Mayor House.
    Enjoy!
    Wau - what a treat - I hate skins - they are a waste of time and space.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Wau - what a treat - I hate skins - they are a waste of time and space.

Skins are probably a permanent cash cow for BB...
    Last edited by Jiggy8; 03.02.24 at 09:58.

Reply to Thread