Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Starfall - Between A Rock And A Hard Place - bug

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I received a reply from support - if what i described (in my post above) doesn't work for you there is no answer at this point.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have problem with star shards boxes vanishing.

I completed the quest "Mine your business" and started next quest with 217 hards in Mayor.
    I found 5 boxes with shards in my Star. I opened first box, got 100 shards = 317 in Mayor.
    Then I opened second box and game froze. I waited few minutes then refreshed and all 4 boxes were no longer in last Star tab.
    No (missing 400) shards in Star, only 322 in Mayor (after first part from mines delivery) :/
    I lost 400 shards because of the freeze.
    I tried to send a ticket, but whole day all I got was "Error, refresh page, do it later".
    I talked with Trafffer about the ticket not working - he said he passed ticket issue to devs.
    Tried again after few hours - still not working.

Very unhappy
    Valinare

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Valinare View Post
    I have problem with star shards boxes vanishing.

I completed the quest "Mine your business" and started next quest with 217 hards in Mayor.
    I found 5 boxes with shards in my Star. I opened first box, got 100 shards = 317 in Mayor.
    Then I opened second box and game froze. I waited few minutes then refreshed and all 4 boxes were no longer in last Star tab.
    No (missing 400) shards in Star, only 322 in Mayor (after first part from mines delivery) :/
    I lost 400 shards because of the freeze.
    I tried to send a ticket, but whole day all I got was "Error, refresh page, do it later".
    I talked with Trafffer about the ticket not working - he said he passed ticket issue to devs.
    Tried again after few hours - still not working.

Very unhappy
    Valinare
    most likely issue is that the reward is actually 1 box and not 5 so it bugs out on the semi optical empty boxes

to be honest, 5 boxes with shards would be an overpowering additional reward on top of the mined shards from the quest itself (5 boxes would more or less double that reward depending on the average percentages of shard rewards from the boxes)

And already the lvl 3 and 4 reward boxes made fromt he shards have way overpowering xp rewards that scales in completely crazy numbers (use 3,5 times the shards for a better reward box is giving you 100x the xp compared to the lvl 1 reward box .....

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLucien2020 View Post
    The quest is neither completing nor failing, nothing is happening. The "Between a rock etc." quest has 1 day, 8 hours left at the time of writing. Each shard pile has 16, 9, 3 and 6 shards left. One pile is now a glowing crater.

How can this be resolved? I have already failed once due to running out of time. These "Wait 36 hours" quests are weird...
    This is not a technical issue, its just that alot of their quests have nonsensical structure. This one requires you to wait, so that you dont finish the quest too quickly, but its irrelevant because you're still constrained by the mining rate of the deposits, that makes you finish the quest in roughly 2 days anyway. Hence you will have the option to get the rewards when all of the deposits are fully mined.

A hint for the future, if you notice that the amounts left differ this much, rearrange some of your buildings and place new storage houses close to the deposits to reduce the travel time from the deposits, otherwise slow mining will cost you a couple extra hours (like in the example you provided, having to wait 7 extra cycles between one with 9 left and the other one is almost 2 hours by itself).

Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    most likely issue is that the reward is actually 1 box and not 5
    Its perhaps a good idea you do the quest at least once instead of giving advice based on pure speculation.

Theres 5 boxes, all of them grant resources, and they seem to not work properly for like every other person.
    Last edited by sparkz; 08.02.24 at 07:32.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    most likely issue is that the reward is actually 1 box and not 5 so it bugs out on the semi optical empty boxes

to be honest, 5 boxes with shards would be an overpowering additional reward on top of the mined shards from the quest itself (5 boxes would more or less double that reward depending on the average percentages of shard rewards from the boxes)

And already the lvl 3 and 4 reward boxes made fromt he shards have way overpowering xp rewards that scales in completely crazy numbers (use 3,5 times the shards for a better reward box is giving you 100x the xp compared to the lvl 1 reward box .....
    Maybe it's quest related somehow?

Sometimes it gives me 5 boxes and sometimes it gives me just 1. Also, sometimes i can open all 5 of them and get 5x shards (checked), but sometimes it freezes after opening the first one and the remaining ones just disappear.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Theres 5 boxes, all of them grant resources, and they seem to not work properly for like every other person.
    So far I have had this at least 3 times I think, twice 5 boxes work without a problem, only once I had this just 1 box bug.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Starfall exp points missing

Apologies for hijacking the thread but it won't allow me to create a new thread and I can't send a ticket as the help system is broken.

I've just opened my first Master Compendium Of Starfall Phenomenon Discoveries and got the Tome and some granite but what happened to the 33million exp points? Am I missing something, besides 33million exp points? Unless the points are awarded before opening the box I don't appear to have them. The first tile was blank.

World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jarmo View Post
    Maybe it's quest related somehow?

Sometimes it gives me 5 boxes and sometimes it gives me just 1. Also, sometimes i can open all 5 of them and get 5x shards (checked), but sometimes it freezes after opening the first one and the remaining ones just disappear.
    first time i got the 5 boxes and got 500 shards.
    second time it showed 5 boxes but after visiting another island there is only 1 box left.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

still bugd

Quote Originally Posted by nekros View Post
    I have the same problem..
    still not working i stop to try

World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy8 View Post
    This will be the second time the section the "Fully mine the 5 deposits" will time out and fail. The mines cannot be cleared in the time allotted, A huge waste if resources again.
    JJ.
    Everything comes to those who wait.

Reply to Thread