Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: starfall mystery boxes from leftover mining shards

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    [QUOTE=andi13;374082]during 'rock in a hard place' I gained 5 boxes of offcuts which gave me shards in my star, just started 'altered state' and again I was given 5 mystery boxes, I opened one, no problem, but then tried to open a 2nd and the game just kept spinning, after a refresh the 3 remaining had gone and there was no extra shards other than from the first.

This has happened to me 3 times too, last time last night where i lost another 400-500 shards after only the first box opened properly, this has cost me around 1400-1500 shards now.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    [QUOTE=Brejlovec;374591]
    Quote Originally Posted by andi13 View Post
    during 'rock in a hard place' I gained 5 boxes of offcuts which gave me shards in my star, just started 'altered state' and again I was given 5 mystery boxes, I opened one, no problem, but then tried to open a 2nd and the game just kept spinning, after a refresh the 3 remaining had gone and there was no extra shards other than from the first.

This has happened to me 3 times too, last time last night where i lost another 400-500 shards after only the first box opened properly, this has cost me around 1400-1500 shards now.
    this is not really a new issue - it has been documentend time and time again.

You have 2 choices really: accept the bug and the 1 box and continue doing it or stop doing it till it is fixed. Continue doing the quest and expecting a different outcome on retry number 3 or 4 is a fools errand

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Just cut it. Bench it for 2-3 years, send devs to uni, so they can learn proper HTHML5, new DBs, scream on Ubi to get you some proper sysdevs. set up monitoring, I mean proper monitoring over OIDs with values into DB say every 30s, for all equipment (server, networking, etc), so you can see what`s the hell going on. And then pretend to be software company again. Maybe put some 500euros a month to some kid testers. Frak. If no german fella in middle school will take 500 a month, do some adverts in serbia or whatever.

Edit: did read on some forums, plenty of folks in east asia working for AI developers feeding data are now jobless, so maybe find your testers there, based on reports, they have been paid peanuts over there, one gem pack will pay you couple. (red the rates have been under 1c per respond/problem solved)

P.S. if you guys need to google up what OID in monitoring means, just give up and close the shop.
    Last edited by First_Lord; 04.04.24 at 22:31.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm now opening my crate shards a box at a time, a credit of 100 shards appears in the star, i move to Mayor house, nothing credits, the number held stays static. But at least the spinning round and disappearance of the other crates has stopped .... still no further forward.

ADDENDUM - Logged off and on again, now my 3 remaining unopened crates have disappered from the star, but a mystery box appeared with 150 shards in, so i'm only 350 shards down, plus the 1400-1500 from before...

Lost another 500-550 today, system refreshed when i was opening a seperate crate, i got 100 shards from that but the unopened 6 boxes just disappeared out the star menu. 16 4 2024.
    Last edited by Brejlovec; 16.04.24 at 09:45.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    i have a samo problems, from start starfall,
    on that way i lose minimum 3000 star shards ,probably more.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i honestly don't know u can be surprised by this, it has been plastered on forums and chats for months now -

Best read up on some work arounds or accpet that this is what it is or don;t do it till it gets fixed

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    If its been known for months why isnt it fixed? Designers busy with new skins no doubt instead of doing important stuff, or testing properly before release. Just saying , bit fed up...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes that is a good question.

But it is an issue that has been around for a long time- Bugs are known but do not get fixed or get fixed very very slow

Whatever the reason, bug fixes do not seem to have the same priority with devs than with players or at least the selection of bugs to fix/prioritizing of fixes doesnt seem to match what we would like to see

The same with game improvements- many would have preferred to see mass explorer sending rather than starfall etc etc

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ambandil View Post

The same with game improvements- many would have preferred to see mass explorer sending rather than starfall etc etc
    Absolutely agree with mass explorer sending, it is utterly tedious currently especially in events. Lost another 400 odd shards yesterday, first box of 100 worked, second again span around and then they all disappeared, i'm not clicking the boxes in star again, hopefully they will store up and work in 10 years when its fixed. I think this lot have moved onto the New Allies game and we here are now just an inconvenient legacy.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Had the spinning issue also once. Now did open them one at the time and move from the star directly to the mayor's house. No spinning, but all 5 boxes (200 shards each), none of them being added to the warehouse.

Reply to Thread