Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the dust settles in starfall

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

the dust settles in starfall

i have the 5 lubricants in star but can not use as they are ghosted out ,it will take days to mine at this rate please can you sort this out i am not the only one in my guild to have this problem thankyou

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Lol, yes, it will take 2 days, but even if you lube it, there is this hard set 36 hours wait, so you will get stuck anyway.

The whole concept of Starfall is flawed

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I think someone said you cannot lube on other chains, e.g. you produced more of them, but can use them only on chain that has it: Fallen Star Mining.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    the quest says to use 10 of the buffs -- the first 5 buffs take 2 hours (or so) to 'use up' -- then you can place the 2nd set of 5 to get another two hours (maybe that is the issue?, you just have to wait for the first 5 to expire?)

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    or use 5 stopbuffs and reapply- works very well

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    i finished this chain altered state should have moved on to falling star mining ,no it booted me back to between a rock and hard place

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I can't complete "The Dust Settlers" quest. The task is to finish mining from 5 mines. The quest failed before the mines ran out. The Forerunner does not allow you to produce S.C.R.A.P.P.E.R. Lubricant to speed up extraction. What to do now?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    scrap the quest (bin it), next one will start, its design. Bin it and be sure you have time to finish first quest to mining quickly, dont scrap and start next day, too much time lost.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Same for me - this is a bug - I spent time and gems getting this far and now it's impossible to finish. fix it!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Yenna View Post
    I can't complete "The Dust Settlers" quest. The task is to finish mining from 5 mines. The quest failed before the mines ran out. The Forerunner does not allow you to produce S.C.R.A.P.P.E.R. Lubricant to speed up extraction. What to do now?

There are a few things to do to speed stuff up- none easy/cheap of course:

1) Build storage towers near the scrapper mines that reduces the mining time so u can finish within 4 days- else clear some mountain parts with demo crews and build regular sized storehosue- once again to reduce travel time
    2) Do not produce the items for the quests but trade for them so you spent only the time to make the items in the forerunner or prov house on these subquests- If you wait till you produce the items in your own production chains, you lose far too much time and it fails

this makes the quests quite tedious

Reply to Thread