Reply to Thread

Thread: Formatting numbers - how to easily improve the game

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Formatting numbers - how to easily improve the game

When displaying long numbers please use a thousands seperator.
    In the image above the first line is bad, the second (and last) is good.

It would have been really useful here:

Also, as any dev who might work on this should see (formatting numbers is probably your second or third programming homework, after Hello World!) if you make a function/procedure/routine/whatchamacallit for displaying numbers it should take care of both formatting and (optional) shortening numbers (ref. yesterdays post).

Having a mix of styles as in the first image is just ... embarrassing.

Apologies, this was unplanned, if I'd known in advance I might have combined this with yesterday's post.

--

My original wish and intent was to create a thread with one "Innits how to easily improve the game" suggestion a day. I think I have enough to last a lifetime. Having read this subforums guidelines I reluctantly will not (for now). I would be less reluctant if I thought anyone from BB actually read and listened to these suggestions - if they did we would have had a way to mass send explorers years ago.

This is the second, here's yesterday's post.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    it would have been better to post it as a reply on the previous one - double posting same issue usually leads to deletion of one or consolidation into one thread anyway

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I really don't care how they put the numbers- would prefer they used the resources fixing problems,- if they start meddling with something not broken- they might just make another bug.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread