Today we're in the field of IT operations.

Often I get bored of waiting for the spinny thing when assigning troops to a general and switch to other things. When I get back I'm often greeted by

While kicking my instance isn't exactly maintenance I guess you're freeing up resources in the underprovisioned servers. When I click the button I get kicked to

I strongly suspect that this is because I get sent to the non-secure HTTP (not HTTPS) server. I'm sure this kind of thing is confusing to non-IT players. While only allowing HTTPS is a good idea on any site that has user input and logins, it is very basic to just set up the web server to forward all HTTP traffic to HTTPS.

I am left wondering what kind of half-baked web server doesn't say "403" Forbidden. Not important.

--

My original wish and intent was to create a thread with one "Innits how to easily improve the game" suggestion a day. I think I have enough to last a lifetime. Having read this subforums guidelines I reluctantly will not (for now). I would be less reluctant if I thought anyone from BB actually read and listened to these suggestions - if they did we would have had a way to mass send explorers years ago.

This is the third, here's yesterday's post.