Reply to Thread

Thread: Stop buff on Otherworldly plant/tree not working reliably

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Stop buff on Otherworldly plant/tree not working reliably

This was working fine previously, and was nice way to improve the efficiency of playing the Starfall quest - but now after placing a stop buff on an otherworldly plant (e.g. while the enriched fertilizer buff is active), you get a message saying the buff has been stopped, it shows as having been stopped, you can seemingly apply a new buff (e.g. the harvest kit)...but it fails to apply. At some point (e.g. after logging out and in again, or a certain time period), it appears that the old buff (before the stop buff was placed) is actually still active!
    Please fix, as there appears to be no reason that stop buffs can't be used for this purpose.

(Also I frequently have issues with messages telling me I don't have permission to start a new thread. Took me quite a lot of mucking about to get this to work, including using incognito windows etc.)

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Usermaatre View Post
    Please fix, as there appears to be no reason that stop buffs can't be used for this purpose.
    The reason for them to not work is to keep you waiting for the quest to end, which would be in line with other quests with an artificially inflated completion time.

For me in my last run (which im completing today) using cancellations isnt even an option, so I assumed they 'fixed' the possibility to do so, if it works for you (at least partially), it would appear they tried fixing it but ended up like it always does for them.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    It was a fix from last week's change log
    Buffs: The Stop buff can no longer be used to skip the waiting time in Starfall quests

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes I knew it had been mentioned, but the current behaviour is still quite clearly buggy.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    yeah i noticed this "bug" too few days ago.. so i stopped doing starfall quests altogether now.. not worth it anymore, since feels too restrictive..

Reply to Thread