Reply to Thread

Thread: Suddenly can not log in any more.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Unhappy Suddenly can not log in any more.

When I go to https://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/play or press the play button on the index page, only a white screen appears.
    I've checked the to do list, on top of this forum directory, and nothing there works.

I was able to play yesterday after the last update, but this morning I only get a white page, no flash is loading.
    For as far as I know, my computer is configured the same as yesterday and the days before.
    I use Firefox.

I reinstalled Flash, and Firefox says that it is missing the file defa.swf, after he complains about bad connection, although other websites work fine, before is refuses to load.

Update:
    I can play th game now in Opera, but in Firefox it still does not work.
    Last edited by Bosgeus; 23.08.18 at 13:30.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Firefox is slowly removing flash content from the browser.
    There are 3 types of Flash PPAPI, NPAPI and ActiveX.
    Chrome and Opera use the PPAPI version
    Internet Explorer and Edge use ActiveX
    Firefox uses NPAPI
    This would explain why you are still able to run TSO on Opera and Chrome

There are ways to enable the NPAPI again on Firefox, but I will not go into details here as they should not be attempted by people with limited knowledge about browsers.
    Personally, I have been unable to play TSO with Firefox for quite a few months, but I have found Chrome to be a lot better.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosgeus View Post
    When I go to https://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/play or press the play button on the index page, only a white screen appears.
    I've checked the to do list, on top of this forum directory, and nothing there works.

I was able to play yesterday after the last update, but this morning I only get a white page, no flash is loading.
    For as far as I know, my computer is configured the same as yesterday and the days before.
    I use Firefox.

I reinstalled Flash, and Firefox says that it is missing the file defa.swf, after he complains about bad connection, although other websites work fine, before is refuses to load.

Update:
    I can play the game now in Opera, but in Firefox it still does not work.
    Exactly the same issue although I use Chrome, it stopped while I was playing. Works OK on Edge. I'm windows 10 OS. Support have issued a list of instructions on clearing cache, all the usual things. Not gotten around to following them yet.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post
    Firefox is slowly removing flash content from the browser.
    There are 3 types of Flash PPAPI, NPAPI and ActiveX.
    Chrome and Opera use the PPAPI version
    Internet Explorer and Edge use ActiveX
    Firefox uses NPAPI
    This would explain why you are still able to run TSO on Opera and Chrome

There are ways to enable the NPAPI again on Firefox, but I will not go into details here as they should not be attempted by people with limited knowledge about browsers.
    Personally, I have been unable to play TSO with Firefox for quite a few months, but I have found Chrome to be a lot better.
    I can still play on FF and I want to keep doing it. Is flash removed with some specific update? Can I stop that update from happening? Feel free to pm me the instructions for enabling flash again so i can use if needed. ty.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread