Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP and elite camps - combat error

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

PVP and elite camps - combat error

I get an occasional error when attacking mixed camps with elites in. The camp shows it is going to switch to another defender, it switches to that defender, starts the round, jumps and then you are facing another defender with of course the wrong attacker. Somewhat frustrating and has caused the loss of some attacks that should have succeeded.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, what I will describe to you comes from the same family of errors I'm sure. It goes like this...I will have a block in battle, my other marshal will then enter the boss castle. Now what happens consistently here is the unit I chose to be used first in the boss attack is NOT the one I am seeing. I don't panic, but instead wait and sure enough it switches itself to the unit I actually chose. It does this automatic switch near the time the second enemy stack is almost destroyed. My attacks went perfect as it was just a graphical/cosmetic error of some sort. The server side performed the attack correctly.

When the above error happens on a stack of 60 enemy units all is ok, as I said it corrects itself just near the end of the second stack of enemy units. But when I am attacking a stack of 40 and due to some lag etc., and not getting that confirmation early enough of the graphical error correcting itself, it sure can cause problems. I do like the PvP they have introduced into the game and I can't wait to really dig into it but there have been more and more critical errors like this that make it too risky for me to go hard into it right now. I'm sure other players may have experienced different variations of these errors we have described here.

Developers: To perhaps help isolate this error which happens very consistently...It ONLY happens when I have 2 or more battles in progress. It has never happened when it's the only battle in progress.

World
    Newfoundland
    My self doing only small colonies and for now i see only this error left there. 40 elites camps it has 50/50 that you will get bug. Best way to avoid them now or do only blocking with a bit more heavy units like 22-28 of same kind or 16 and 16 of two kinds. This will hold camp even if its get bugged...

P.S. of 5 tries to kill it only once managed without bug

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    This goodie happens also when: u transfer marshal around the map during attack, and when marshal arrives/leaving on the island during the battle.
    Sometimes this bug needs no reason . Most of the times i have it when i attack 40/40/40 camps but not always.

Solzar explained perfect what we can do atm - it works!

Reply to Thread