Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clean up whole game ?

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

Exclamation Clean up whole game ?

Hi,

The game is just filled with a load of pages of guilds that have like 3-5 or even less or a bit more members, that created in 2012 or 2013 and those players are inactive from so long time, and there is a lot of low level players that is lvl 8 or 7 or less and inactive from like 1-3 years, I think this will be good idea after like 4 years to clean up game from those accounts? maybe? like delete any inactive player from 6 months and less than level 10, and guilds like that ?

I think my suggestion might decrease the game lag or processing and make it a bit cleaner?

I don't think anybody will be comfort with sitting near person not clean up himself from 1 month so players in game not have a single shower from about 4 years :P specially with all those efforts that players made, so there is a lot of sweats, blood, dust and so on :P
    Last edited by TheVictorious; 17.11.15 at 07:19.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    If only it was that simple.

Several questions have to be asked. Why are the accounts inactive, was it by choice ? Is there a legal requirement to maintain the accounts of inactive players?

I don't think these inactive accounts do have a performance hit on the game, I would think if the game was that badly programmed that by now it would have broke the game badly enough for it to have been down for days if not weeks while it was fixed.

As for guilds perhaps we need some sort of auto disband for inactive guilds, I suggest using the succession system, if it rotates round so that the player who originally triggered the succession regains it without being active in the interim then the guild should be disbanded.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    +1
    good idea Dorotheus
    it should defo clear a big portion of guilds list in the course of few months after all the successions end their cycle unanswered

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    If only it was that simple.

Several questions have to be asked. Why are the accounts inactive, was it by choice ? Is there a legal requirement to maintain the accounts of inactive players?

I don't think these inactive accounts do have a performance hit on the game, I would think if the game was that badly programmed that by now it would have broke the game badly enough for it to have been down for days if not weeks while it was fixed.

As for guilds perhaps we need some sort of auto disband for inactive guilds, I suggest using the succession system, if it rotates round so that the player who originally triggered the succession regains it without being active in the interim then the guild should be disbanded.
    Good idea about guild auto disbanded

but about inactive players, it may effect of performance if you have indexing, or any loop to retrieve data from database or something, bad code indeed might broke the game, as well as if this bad code was iterate the players, imagine the select statement for database search in big index or rows what it will become if this getting smaller.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The auto disbanding of guilds I'll go with but do you really want software running that auto deletes characters, I think not. Too much can go wrong and where do you draw the line, many people don't log in for 6 months or more with RL problems and health problems.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    The auto disbanding of guilds I'll go with but do you really want software running that auto deletes characters, I think not. Too much can go wrong and where do you draw the line, many people don't log in for 6 months or more with RL problems and health problems.
    Most of software doing this, and it's not risky to do, and I think if they just removed players lower than level 10 "AND" inactive for 6 months "AND" they payed nothing then delete it.

Even if player decided to back after 6 months is level 10 is hard to get it back?

BTW I was inactive for like 3 years and back to game, but left game with level 42, sure i would be mad if deleted because its high level and hard to get in short time not low level. that get level 10 in 1 day.

World
    Northisle
    Also you have to take into acount the paying players. Unless they change the EULA to explicitly say that the acount would be removed after X amount of time they could not just delete your acount, specially if you buy gems. Not unless the game was to shut down for good.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    A little while back I was somewhat surprised to see that a inactive guild member had received a open guild quest despite that not having logged in for about 8 months.
    We have also had problems with the game thinking your the guild leader of a guild you have never been a member of. We have also had problems with players who accounts have been reset due to a bug. There is a lengthy thread about one poor guy and how BB offered a very poor compensation package.

Given the above examples would you trust a delete inactive accounts script. If the worse should happen history shows us your up the proverbial creek.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    And of course, the biggest reason for guilds going inactive, the bugged GQ system.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    A little while back I was somewhat surprised to see that a inactive guild member had received a open guild quest despite that not having logged in for about 8 months.
    Sandman's Powder does this to inactives, I buffed a long forgotten guildy and he went active.

Reply to Thread