Reply to Thread

Thread: Make it more attractive to upgrade Barrack and Provision House

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Make it more attractive to upgrade Barrack and Provision House

The first time you upgrade Barrack and Provision House, it almost halves the time to make the stuff. Second upgrade (to lvl 3) is somewhat nice and noticeable. But the 2 last upgrades are not only insanely expensive (as they should be, mind), but the benefit they provide is next to pointless.

It can best be descripted like this:
    First upgrade - removes hours
    Second upgrade - removes half hours
    Third upgrades - remove minutes
    Forth upgrade - remove seconds

Big level 50 players usually dont even have a lvl 5 Barrack or Provision House, simply because there's no point in it.

My suggestion would be that each upgrade removes 20% that's cumulative with each other. So at lvl 3 the Barrack trains recruits at 60% of the normal speed. And at lvl 5 it trains them at 20% the normal time.
    The value I've mentioned is simply just to illustrate how my idea works. But this way its incredibly attractive for all players to upgrade to lvl 5 as soon as possible.

World
    Newfoundland
    Funny but it just popped to my mind, why not swapping upgrade production time so it will look like:
    First upgrade - removes seconds
    Second upgrade - remove minutes
    Third upgrades - removes half hours
    Forth upgrade - removes hours

This way it would be more of upgrade to price ratio balance.
    I personally sticked to level 3 for long long time.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Muffin, have you considered that these changed would completely change the economy of the game?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    trust me, once you do a lot of adventures or make a lot of provisions, you will find the price of upgrading to lvl 5 no problem.

Biggest issue is not price for many but the change where barracks and prov house are paused while upgrading so basically locking you out for a week of normal routine

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Seems you guys have completely misunderstood my idea

My point was to somehow make it more attractive to upgrade to lvl 5. The Economy will, like any change, be affected yes, and that's up to the devs to balance it out. The 7 day lockout is how the game is. It's stuff like that, which makes u look at your island later in the game and truly appreciate how far you've come and all the hard work you've put into it.

But to see a lvl 50 whale (big player) that still got a lvl 3 Provision house is... well, it's far from impressive hehe. And when you see the benefits compared to cost, then unfortunately makes sense.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    We didn't misunderstood you. If you play a tad more with this game you'll eventually get the idea on how much this would change basically everything.

I'm sorry for not going into detail, but who know, maybe you're right! Don't let me hold you back, I like your idea!

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Whizkeyjack View Post
    Muffin, have you considered that these changed would completely change the economy of the game?
    HOW? dont se PH being bottleneck on anything..

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    actually if you get to lvl 50 without lvl 5 upgrade there is absolutely no reason to upgrade further since adventures is uninterresting io play. with xp lost ls is much more atractive to play

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    lol while we are on the subject
    why dont we do all upgrades more attractive then ? i dont like how workstations upgrades are just by 1 they should be uped by the number of lvl you upgrading so 1 would be 1 2 would be 3 3 would be 6 and 5 15 this seems more attractive to me
    or maybe they should do them your way so lvl 5 building would need 20 % time to produce 1 deposit so you would get 5 in 100 4 in 160% 3 in 180% 2in 160% AND 1 in 100% time,

basicly if you dont get that 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 is 100% 50% 33% 25% increase for lvl ether that might be barracks or workstations or provision house.
    you should stop playing this game asap couse you are losing money and go learn maths or something

Reply to Thread