Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gem refunds on outdated items

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle

Gem refunds on outdated items

I just noticed an improved silo on the test server which looks 3 times faster than the normal ones, great, only problem is I've got 97 normal silo's which cost over 72k gems, clearly I'm not about to remove those after they cost that much so how about some kind of trade in for normal items for the improved versions? This could work on any building thats been upgraded and stop people like me feeling ripped off, even if they only offered 2/3 of the gems back it would be something, other than that they are useless to me.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    seII them now whiIe siIos have a good vaIue then buy the new ones

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I doubt gem refunds for tradable buildings willl ever happen. For starters some of these buildings were gifts from BB.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    And all of us that have invested heavily in silos are going to go out and spend 2k gems on an improved one? I doubt there will be a huge market for selling a 2k gem item, most of the Deerstalkers and Friaries that are sold are ones that people got as freebies. If you are buying them yourself then you will hopefully get loaded up with coins and granite for selling your older silos. At least that way you can also pay for the upgrades.
    Last edited by fishslice; 26.01.14 at 00:03.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well at least its worth to get them if you still need more silo´s. 1 improved is basicly just as good as 3 normal. And cheaper in gems.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes please! Rabbids cost 500 gems.... cash em in for... ooh I dunno? say 50%

Sorted for life

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    If we are here, I think, at first would be nice gem refund on not tradeable items, such TO building deed. I doubt it will come anytime, imho not needed, but if it were happen, we can imagine future claims on gem priced items one by one. For example decorations or, ad absurdum, an endless copper mine... Really want this direction?
    This is partly an economic game. We must and have to take into account the change in the values of new elements appears. Cost of old items should be treated as loss, as it is natural in an economy development, also should calculate them yield; so match this two in tandem with possibility of "recycling" (trading) gain. A short calculation can show anyway worth it or not, even before investment...

Behind a big rock under the bridge in the deepest woods.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brankovics View Post
    If we are here, I think, at first would be nice gem refund on not tradeable items, such TO building deed. I doubt it will come anytime, imho not needed, but if it were happen, we can imagine future claims on gem priced items one by one. For example decorations or, ad absurdum, an endless copper mine... Really want this direction?
    This is partly an economic game. We must and have to take into account the change in the values of new elements appears. Cost of old items should be treated as loss, as it is natural in an economy development, also should calculate them yield; so match this two in tandem with possibility of "recycling" (trading) gain. A short calculation can show anyway worth it or not, even before investment...
    ++1

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    How about only pay the gem difference? for example normal silo is 750 gems, and improved one 2250 gems (it's just example because I didn't play the test). so we just pay 1500 gems. and it instantly had same level as old one.
    This method will be nice if could be implemented into non gem item (storehouse into improved one, hunter into deerstalker, brewery become friary and etc). but I already spot a problem : how normal ones that we build without gems, valued into gems? it will need very serious balancing.
    And for next step, the method not only to migrate into same level (level 1 normal become level 1 improved and so on), but also into difference level (normal level 3 into improved level 2 with reduced gem needed, or even level 3 normal into level 4 or even 5 improved with additional gems).

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    The old silos will not be outdated. This is just a new silo that's almost as good as three of the old (unless they listen to us and tweak the production just a little). It's a little cheaper than three old ones and have the footprint and upgrade cost of one old silo. If ( did you see how big an "if" that was? ) they tweak the production a little so that it is just as good as three old ones, I will buy a few to make my wheat production lines a little neater and to free up some space to optimize other production lines. If not it's just too much work and cost to move farms around to adjust to that little deviation in the production times of the new silo. My guess is that mostly new players, who hasn't invested so much in the old silo, will be more interested in this than us old-timers with 50 or more silos of the old type. So if you haven't bought those 97 silos with the intent to sell them for gold and/or granite, it really isn't such a big deal. If you did....ouch.

Reply to Thread