Reply to Thread

Thread: Adventures based on mutual respect...

World
    Northisle

Adventures based on mutual respect...

In Settlers we fight the bad guys... Right ! Pirates (=mostly fishermen who don't have another choice than take and steal from whealthy people because industrial fishing companies take over their fishing grounds) , Vikings (= historical inhabitants of Northern Europe), Ali Baba (= Middle East, Muslims), Aztecs (=native Americans who were wiped out by the Europeans), etc etc.

Wouldn't it be "so 2017" to get adventures were Vikings asked help to defeat a thread from... (please fill in for yourself). Ali Baba asking help because he can't deal on his own with... (please fill in for yourself). Aztecs who are facing a major problem of... (please fill in for yourself) and need desperate help.

I don't mind to kick real bandits out of their camp : Settlers is a game, not real life. But i like the Scandinavians, i like the Muslims who live peacefully in my own town and i feel sorry for what was done to the Native Americans and their culture.

History is written by the winners. But... aren't we all just people who fight for what we think is right ? And only time will tell us if we were !

What do you think about "Adventures of Mutual Respect" ?
    Last edited by jaykew2012; 28.01.17 at 16:42.

World
    Northisle
    Funny. Maybe you have a point but I just don't care. We need to fight someone so there has to be a bad guy.... I don't really care who that is.
    Have fun!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    No point in making the game any more political. No point in seeing ghosts. No one have meant to make the enemies look like anything from the real world - it is just fairy tales. Let it stay that way. That is the best way to have mutual respect. I am danish. I sometimes use my holidays to be a Viking,- I have a Viking tent and tools to craft as a Viking silversmith. I am not in any way offended by killing Vikings in the north adventure.
    I do sometimes wonder what a cactus does in Alibaba, Alibaba stories are from Arabia. Only place where cactus grows ins in America, but really who cares.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Northisle
    Fact : cacti are species from the Americas and were imported in Europe after 1492. Later, they conquered parts of Southern Europe, Africa, Middle East and even Australia.
    Ali Baba has never ever seen cacti in his life.
    And i do mind those little details too.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykew2012 View Post
    "so 2017"
    open your eyes and look around m8.. sadly i think you might be a few years late..

Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I am not in any way offended by killing Vikings in the north adventure.
    and neither would they be as youre sending them to Valhalla

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    The all depends on the fantasy fairytale stories, nothing is real and I really see it is not meaning on any group by religion or race!

Quote Originally Posted by jaykew2012 View Post
    Ali Baba (= Middle East, Muslims)
    Well, the story itself (the 1001 nights) was going in the middle east area, but it is not meant to be Muslims, personally, I'm Arabian And Muslim, and I'm not feeling like it offends me! I'm even happy to see something came from Arabian culture to here!

Add the on that, thieves must be punished, the thief is thief whatever was his race and religion, in real, there is no group has 0 bad guys, bad guys exist where ever people found!

+ In the first place, Ali Baba and 40 thieves, they are not mentioned as they Muslims or not Muslims! even in the real written story!

It is just a fairytale story drawn as a graphics you interact with it as a game adventure!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    The all depends on the fantasy fairytale stories, nothing is real and I really see it is not meaning on any group by religion or race!

Well, the story itself (the 1001 nights) was going in the middle east area, but it is not meant to be Muslims, personally, I'm Arabian And Muslim, and I'm not feeling like it offends me! I'm even happy to see something came from Arabian culture to here!

Add the on that, thieves must be punished, the thief is thief whatever was his race and religion, in real, there is no group has 0 bad guys, bad guys exist where ever people found!

+ In the first place, Ali Baba and 40 thieves, they are not mentioned as they Muslims or not Muslims! even in the real written story!

It is just a fairytale story drawn as a graphics you interact with it as a game adventure!
    Very good points

This makes me think that in order to have mutual respect, knowledge instead of prejudices is very much needed.

Maybe some players should take some time off from game and sit down with a good book instead, to get a bit of a wider perspective on the world.

I dont think BB have any intentions of making any of the good or bad guys represent anything at all from the real world. It would be a big mistake to do so.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread