Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ★ Loading/unloading gens takes really long [14670]

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Angry ★ Loading/unloading gens takes really long [14670]

Noticed this since last maintenance (18th April now). It's ok (well, normal, so ok-ish) before I invite another player into my adventure, but really really annoying once I do. It takes approx 7-15 sec. before a general shows it's been emptied out, or loaded up again for the next attack. And sometimes it even reverts back to the troops it had equipped before, so I need to triple check everything. Am on Chrome browser on iMac, dont know if that makes a difference.

Hope BB reads this and fixes it soon!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    makes no difference what browser you use, once another player is invited loading generals is a very tedious procedure.

World
    Newfoundland
    it just sucks what you do there BB, improving one thing to screw up some other...
    BB almost killed my guild, but if you wanna join:

Newfoundland
    Green Thumb Crew [R-RZ]

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...rew-Recriuting

World
    Sandycove
    Yes, I have the same issue, as soon I am inviting someone to join my adventure it takes ages to change troops on my generals.

World
    Sandycove
    Confirmed - as soon as another player is present, confirming the loading of troops runs approx 10 seconds. It's really not that bad but when you are setting up a lot of generals it gets very tedious. This started after the last update - but it also seems that my adventure 'freezing' when another player's general lands doesn't happen as much now so perhaps it's related?
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Are your sound drivers up to date ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Are your sound drivers up to date ?
    If you asking me, then yes - they are. My system automatically updates drivers if they are available. And I don't have any other problems. And this starts only when another player joins the adventure. When the adventure is over, the loading of the generals is normal again. Therefore it's my assumption that it's related to the synchronization that would be occurring between the players involved so that all screens appear the same. That's the only thing I can think of anyway.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Northisle
    The biggest problem with this though is timed blocks, it makes them almost impossibe to do.
    As far as can see this seems to be related to the adventure chat probably, because it only happens when we invite people to the adventure, before all works smoothly.

World
    Sandycove
    Its taking ages to load generals even without another player on the map - anything can be done to reduce this lag on the adventure server BB? Its only been this bad in the past week or so as far as Im concerned...

PS yes, caches have been cleared etc etc etc

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    +1

Its takes so long time to load / unload, first thought its just me but seems its the same issue for many

Reply to Thread