Reply to Thread

Thread: Pointless town development

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Pointless town development

I have noticed that after reaching a certain level (about 40 in my case) there is no point to build expert buildings.
    It waste of time and resources, because you can get ANYTHING by trade with much, much lower cost.
    The buildings are far to expensive, not to mention upgrades …
    Some upgrades do not have real payback. For example, there is no added-value to upgrade provision house to level 4 as speed increase is hardly to notice (I upgraded it and I regret lost resources).

To sum up, IMHO there is something wrong about cost structure for expert buildings.
    Nothing to encourage me to build them; I do a lot of adventures just buying needed crossbows or damascene swords…

Developers should thing about that, maybe even do something about that, hopefully not killing or limiting trade possibilities.

Take care,

Mechanix

World
    Sandycove
    for quests i have had to build a dama sword maker, a wheel maker, a titanium ore smelter and a carpenter so far but they are permanently asleep unless they have a follow in quest such as the make 300 dama swords which i did and got 12400xp for the trouble i do agree the build costs are high and some upgrade levels are high also but you dont have to do upgrades etc if you dont want, my barracks and PH are still only lv3 as i think the 5kgc is too much to pay and im in my mid lv40's
    however when there is no more lvs to gain after lv 50 i will probably judt do loot spots as the xp off adventures would be wasted unless i was bored and do a adventure for fun of it, but my main aim then will be just basically trade as much as i can as wouldnt be needing as many resources as i do now if i only do loot spots. then see what the future holds after that

World
    Newfoundland
    They should remove expert rewards from adventures as it's killing trade. Cannons costing 0.4 coins each on Newfoundland? when they should be at least 8, what's the point of making any of the expert buildings? Not to mention salt of titan, as the price of them is so low I don't even bother trading it. There is lots of ppl stockpiling cannons or dama. swords as they are unable to sell them.

Let's wait a year or so before they rethink that and apply a patch. As they are slow as snails when changing or fixing things.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    the cost of the resources to make the items far out weigh the cost to buy them already made....... and the 8k ish xp isn't worth the loss of granite when it is so scarce

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    By trading I get damas-sword at one third of normal exchange ratio; it is easy to find other good deals on expert items.
    No need to build damascene weaponsmith for me...I you are patient you will get better deals...

Different observation:
    I understand that someone is looking desperately for needed resourses, selling something cheap, but WHY
    there are so many "stupid" offers requesting x10 or x50 higher price than avg exchange ratio for common items???

Reply to Thread