Reply to Thread

Thread: [Guide] Where to place Baskets or Badges

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle

Post [Guide] Where to place Baskets or Badges

Based on my economy which uses base travel times of no more than 48s between storehouse and production building, I have this list to calculate the net benefit of placing buffs on my production lines.

Please note:
    1)The amount of wealth gained through the buff is based on the net value of the buff's additional output, disregarding the initial making cost of the first item. In some cases, such as Gold Smelters or Coinages, the initial cost is so high that it's not even worth running the building unbuffed - at all!
    2) The sort order in this post is ascending in terms of profit, not by alphabet.
    3) The net benefits are now calculated under the assumption that you produce resources from scratch.
    4) Your benefit is the difference between selling the resources consumed to produce the buff - and using it.
    5) This list ignores the time cost of Production House, the cost of using Bunnies and any additional costs by purchasing the buffs.
    6) Prices are based on current Northisle trade values.

I put up a Sheet on Google Docs that also includes current Northisle Prices as I have observed them: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...tS0Zlcmc#gid=1

Items not on this list are simply "out of scope" (Highlevel/Epic Buildings).

From the perspective of lv5 buildings:

The following items are not worth buffing with basket or badge under any circumstance:
    Stone, Meat

The following items simply aren't worth buffing with basket or badge by yourself:
    Sausage, Coal

The following items are not worth buffing with basket or badge if you have to buy the buffs from Trade Office:
    Wheat, Pinewood, Hard Wood, Pine Plank
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 01.02.14 at 13:45.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    The following production lines are NEVER worth buffing with a Basket:
    Stone
    Deerstalker
    Hunter
    Sausage
    Coal
    Fish
    Wheat
    Hard Wood
    I would have to disagree with this part all of them except maybe stone are worth buffing with basket. Some more so than others, I would and do a lot of the times buff butcher to make sausages.

Surely buffing a hardwood sawmill is better than a pinewood sawmill which you have not put on there? So your logic suggests pinewood planks are worth more?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    I would have to disagree with this part all of them except maybe stone are worth buffing with basket. Some more so than others, I would and do a lot of the times buff butcher to make sausages.

Surely buffing a hardwood sawmill is better than a pinewood sawmill which you have not put on there? So your logic suggests pinewood planks are worth more?
    me too
    i make a lot of badges and i let them put on the same things as baskets most times cuz i already have 100+ for next buff loop
    Last edited by matie2506; 01.02.14 at 09:49.
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    I find it funny that people disagree with "1-2<0" ... well, you're entitled to your opinion, that doesn't change the hard, cold facts.

Well, you would be better off selling the Basket in exchange for the resources directly, because you would get more resource than the Basket produces for you.

It is an entirely different issue whether it saves time to keep sausages and Fish buffed to save time in the Trade Office - but economically, you're not making progress, given the current exchange rates.

You are twisting the logic here.
    You could realize that a lot of production lines aren't mentioned in this guide at all - I'm also not saying that a Fairytale Castle isn't worth buffing with Rainbow snow just because it gets ignored in the list.
    If you want, I can add the Pinewood production line to the items "not worth bothering".

World
    Sandycove
    but i do think this is well made
    good job m8 <<< you gained those
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I find it funny that people disagree with "1-2<0" ... well, you're entitled to your opinion, that doesn't change the hard, cold facts.

Well, you would be better off selling the Basket in exchange for the resources directly, because you would get more resource than the Basket produces for you.

It is an entirely different issue whether it saves time to keep sausages and Fish buffed to save time in the Trade Office - but economically, you're not making progress, given the current exchange rates..
    1 basket costs 20 sausages (60 bread, 120 fish) and use this on a lvl 5 butcher that then makes 10 sausages per 12 min. Maybe the prices on your server to my server are dramatically different but I don't lose out at all my running this buffed. I can assure you I am making progress as my island and storage clearly reflects.

I find it funny you post something and don't take well to any feedback. I do apologise I should have mentioned the majority of your guide is good and helpful for people, but why half it and not give everyone the full information for each and every product line and let people make a decision themselves?

Its like me writing an adventure guide and only including half the map.

If your going to make a guide finish it off.

Thanks

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Champs, you are right. There is a differences in prices on each server. And your server (Newfoundland) is in some cases severely off Northisle.
    Most notably, on Northisle, it's very easy to get Sausages for 20 coins or below per 1k - while Newfoundland Trade sheets lists them 35-45.
    Obviously, that does make a difference if the produced items are worth 100% more on your server.

You are right.
    I will finish off the guide by including the price list I am tracking against. Thanks for the input.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Cheers for updating your list. No offence intended in what I posted.

Thanks

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    It is well researched and very informative.
    The only thing I would have a problem with (apart from using Northisle prices of course) is the statement "it is not worth...".
    Sure, when you go purely on 'market values' and the cost/price of everything, but drawing back a little to the basic game mechanics, I found at a very early stage that a fish platter more than pays for itself once a fisherman reaches level 3 or more. By that, I mean that the resources used for the fish platter to be made are more than replaced by using the buff. Logically, once the fisherman is level 3, it is 'free fish' for life reinvesting the output into fish platters. In fact, with the 'profit margin' on this activity, some of the bonus buffs you could then make would more than compensate for the minimal bread use topping up the deposits.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well made and informative. Thank You.

Reply to Thread