Reply to Thread

Thread: Island of the Pirates (IoTP) no longer playable with only MDK and Recruits

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Island of the Pirates (IoTP) no longer playable with only MDK and Recruits

I've heard from a German friend that IoTP is no longer playable with just the MMA+Cavalry+Cannons+Recruits (Max 208-359R loss with 3 MMA) setup. For example, this guide from Leatherface (http://dso-karten.de/index.php?site=...rticlesID=8149)

Can someone confirm this on an English server?

There was no mention (of course, typical BlueByte) of any changes to adventures in the changelog. The same happened when they changed Roaring Bull - no mention in the changelog/forums at all.
    Last edited by Bunnios; 12.11.15 at 02:00.

World
    Sandycove
    I use 2 MMA and 500 recruit and do it this way (although there are many other variations).
    I send two MMA each with 220R and another fast general with 60.

L2 - MMA and 220R. When he's past L1,
    L1 - MMA and 220R. When he returns, I load from the spare general so he's back to 220.
    L3 - MMA and 220R. L2 is done while the attack on L3 is on the way.

So I can still do it with 440R but I send the extra so I don't have to wait that much. Losses I think are 354.

HOWEVER

One time it failed, one general died on the way to L3 which had never happened before. This was right after the RB change - it seemed to me there was an extra interception. But on that adventure I don't pay a lot of attention sometimes.

It's been fine ever since - I decided I must not have topped the general back up to 220 before the final send. But it crossed my mind that the adventure might have been changed. Maybe it was changed and then changed back?

I'm curious if anyone else has had a glitch when doing IOtP that way.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    When was the last time you played it? The change appears to have been made on the German server during maintenance yesterday (Wednesday 11 November 2015)

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have just tried doing this using Xibor's method with 500 r's and 2 mma's, and it worked fine.

Perhaps it is a glitch on your friends server.

Uni.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just did it here. 3 attacks to leader with 220 r on mma´s getting intercepted as usual, no change her.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    I've run it a couple of times since the changes: I kill the first camp with 1e 269c then send an mma with 220r to each leader. It still works.

However

I'm not sure if this is new, but I noticed that the mma sent to L3 kills the 3rd before last camp (30 caltrops, 100 deckscrubbers, 40 gunmen) BEFORE being intercepted by the trap. Am I right in thinking that previously the mma was intercepted by the trap BEFORE that camp? If so that could explain the change.
    Last edited by Jim_B; 13.11.15 at 22:01.
    HOTFIX!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    I've run it a couple of times since the changes: I kill the first camp with 1e 269c then send an mma with 220r to each leader. It still works.

However

I'm not sure if this is new, but I noticed that the mma sent to L3 kills the 3rd before last camp (30 caltrops, 100 deckscrubbers, 40 gunmen) BEFORE being intercepted by the trap. Am I right in thinking that previously the mma was intercepted by the trap BEFORE that camp? If so that could explain the change.
    I haven't played IOTP recently but yes, earlier it was so that when you sent the MMA at the last leader, the MMA skipped one camp because it got intercepted by the trap and discharged from at in a point outside of that camp's AOI.

World
    Newfoundland
    the trap still intercepts, but as soon as it starts attacking the trap, the battle switches to the camp after the trap and kills that camp, then gets intercepted again by the trap which it then kills before moving on to last 2 camps

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    very odd - I'll have to watch more closely on the next one
    HOTFIX!

World
    Sandycove
    yeah, now that is said that way it is exactly what I have been seeing too - the order of the attacks has changed and it looks strange the way the intercepts go now.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread