Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone else feel this is going nowhere?

World
    Sandycove

Anyone else feel this is going nowhere?

I will start with some info why i play this game.
    I bought the very first settlers on the amiga,the day it was launched.(still have the original box)
    and i loved it,for many months.I even bought a 20 mb hardrive to install it on..costed me £400 at the time,but i figured its worth it.
    This was before the online games,and internet was not the norm.
    Anyhow,when i play this online version,i get bored to the point i dont want to do adventures anymore.They are tidious,boring and i can do them blindfolded.All in this game is so predictable.Which would be fine in the original,but now with interaction and all that,its NOT!.It still feels offline because there are so many elements missing.Even in the first one,you had the chanse to be the winnner,claiming land on the map.But here,you are stuck on this island and can do only the same adventures over and over again.Its very boring after some time.I have spent some money here also,dont remember exactly how much but some cash have gone for various things.Some might say..hey,there is interaction..what about the buffing thing?..yes..the buffing and sharing adventures,and the market..i agree thats nice,but its also all there is..no warfare clan vs. clan.Its just DULL!..i put my buildings paused now,just waiting to see if anything happens..i sure will not spend more money here if it will always be the same.I also think they xhose the wrong platform..i mean,flash?..come on..its slow and limited.This game will never have a great future looking like this..anyhu..just my frustrated thoughts though..maybe nobody will agree..but keep in mind i played and loved this game from the first time..that has to count for something.

Guntracy.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    +1

Still waiting on the new updates that are always get pushed back...

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1
    i agree with everything you have said.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    The dev diary is being released on Tuesday 20th so not too long to wait to find out!
    Last edited by Baggis; 18.11.12 at 21:45.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't think you really know what you're talking about, Guntracy.

You are aware that each and ever Settler game was made for more than 2 years, right? Being an on-line game, TSO needs constant maintenance and content, and that needs time to be done. The Box versions had an end, TSO must be endless (well it will end on some point in the future). Development must be completely different.

You must believe that there are 500+ people working on this, right? Lazy ass workers!!!! Also don't forget that they need to satisfy thousands of people, like all other browser games must. If you look out there, all the online browser games are the same in function. Why should this work different? I mean it can't work different. That's like being mad at a mill because it does not makes the bread on sight...

So I would suggest you have a little more patience and don't forget that the people who are making this game for us work each and every day to improve the game experience. Try to enjoy this as it is, and expect new things to come int time.

Reply to Thread