Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: On rarity search

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

On rarity search

i am generally p.... with it it took so long to get 1 exp to be able to search for rarity and out of 20 searches i got twice beans and all other times either 100 iron(85%) or 100 coal(10%)

so can u devs tell me what kind of rarity is iron ore, that i had to invest 5k coins in books to be able to do rarity search?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's always a good idea to first tryout the test server. Invest multiple books, dispatch several explorers and examine the results. Some players maintain the rarity stands not for the quality of treasure a skilled explorer may discover, but rather the scarcity with which he returns anything of value at all.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    lol yeah someone there called the skill name Bean-A-COALada

World
    Northisle
    The rarity search is really A WASTE OF A CODEX, problem is in order to get something else you need to pay 1050 gems to get all books back, if I knew this would happen I would NEVER have wasted a codex on the rarity search, mine never ever comes back with a rare resource and ive been trying now for weeks!!

I mean 100 iron ore or 100 coal??? common, let's make it really worth while and bring back a 500 deposit instead of each, after all it's rare isn't it?

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    The information about things like this is available. It's a matter of doing research before investing your codex in things.

If you look at the percentage chances of each reward on the wiki, then you can see that it's probably not worth using a codex on the Rarity Search.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamdoggy View Post
    The information about things like this is available. It's a matter of doing research before investing your codex in things.
    Agreed jamdoggy. There are plenty of other avenues to get the information too, like asking in help, testing it yourself on the test server, or asking in the forum here.

Although whether it's worth it or not is up for debate. I have one savage scout with this ability that also has medium granite searches maximised, means i can do 1 medium search and 2 bean-a-colada per 24hrs(ish) and the return is pretty good 1in5 chance of getting beans so 14 searches per week should yield 2-3 bean drops, 2-3 guild coin drops and 9 coal/iron drops. SO far i would say this has been a fairly accurate description of my results. as mentioned above about 5kgc coins to invest at this level 625 beans(based on 8gc per bean) are needed to break even, also using medium searches with granite optimized daily, the cost is recovered in 12 weeks or so with just bean finds(assuming you find 25 beans 3 times a week). Ultimately, you need to remember that the entire science system is considered an expensive long term investment from the production buildings to the final book manufacturing process. As such you should be wise in the allocation of your books to maximize effectiveness, and be prepared for the long term investment to pay off. If beans were found more frequently the value of them would be reduced and as such you would be no better off.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Artefact search seems (atm) to be a better treasure search choice if you're an active (adventure) player.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Artefact search is useful for selling the rainbow snows but even those are hit and miss.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    One of my generals has Rarity search capability and have to admit every 5th search is a hit if we are talking about peanuts. Not complaining, these days another general will be Artefact search.
    I have to agree about coal, it is not rarity at all...

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am really disappointed by Rarity search, now really how is coal and iron RARITY? They are among the most common resources and they can be found on the island. They should have put instead of this hilarious resources Saltpeter and Titanium, now those are really rare to come by. But hey, it is UBISOFT, my fellow countryman are working there so its no wonder that some things are so messed up.

Reply to Thread