Reply to Thread

Thread: New addy(s).

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

New addy(s).

How lovely it would be if there would exists some kind of a supermassive megaepic adventure, which would require like ~20 members to participate to get done. A whole new meaning for socialicing and activity to guilds :-)

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'd prefer just more single player adventures - but more is good

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Part of the problem with most adventures, is the loot vs costs ratio. Would you prefer doing an adventure that costs 200 recruits for 200gc worth of loot or 2000 recruits for 400gc?

Rare items per adventure, quests that compliment the loot rewards for repeatedly completing harder adventures, easier rebuilding are all ways to improve them.

The last 2 adventures added to the game were very disappointing, and i'd rather do witch of the swamp any day.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    I think I've already previously suggested an extra resource type for adventure loots, sort of like map fragments. A loot would have a few of them, and you could trade them for something useful in the merchant. The key would be to make various types of these resources unique to an adventure, like jewels of different colours, charms of different elements, runes of different symbols or alike. So if the item you desire costs 200 brimstone charms and 40 serpent scale charms, and brimstone charms are only found in The Sons of the Veld loot, it will either force you to play it even though it's not the best cost-reward ratio, or buy them from others. The scarcity will then push the market price up, increasing the value of SotV loot. This would both create an incentive to play all adventures rather than only focus on the few with the best cost-reward ratio, and it would even out some of the gap between the loot value between 'good' and 'bad' adventures.

The original poster's suggestion for a 'megaepic' adventure with 20 participants is not exactly what is needed right now. High level players complete epic, max difficulty rated 3-player adventures with a week's time limit in a matter of hours! So these players are looking for more of a challenge for sure, but what would be the use of 20-player adventures when the players desiring for new challenges are strong enough to complete them alone anyway? Selling the lootspots would take more time than playing the adventure itself. More adventures would be great, but an incentive to play ALL the existing ones would help as well. Personally a selection of 4 adventures in the game make up 99% of all adventures I play, while there would be 20 available. So BB should make me interested in the remaining 16, instead of adding a few that either end up unplayed, or then substitute one of the ones that I like to play now.
    Last edited by King-Fero; 05.06.13 at 06:51. Reason: spelling

Reply to Thread