Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hardwood problems

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

hardwood problems

Hi

I have a problem producing enough hardwood. I produce enough pinewood with fewer resources and I find it very annoying.

Currently I have 9 Hardwood foresters (2 at level 3 and 7 at level 2). I have 5 hardwood cutters (1 level 2 and 4 level 3). I have 4 sawmills (3 at level 2 and 1 at level 3).

I usually hover around 1,000 planks and 1,000 hardwood trees in my storage while I regularly top 23,000 for both pinewood planks and trees in my storage and with fewer units working.

I have all my resources pretty close to each other and the storehouse but why is production to low and limited ?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Hm. Hardwood chain buildings 3 time slower then pinewood chain. Also placing affects the productivity. All the production times, input/output can be find here, also Econimic overview is a good tool to planning, so can be search a detailed answer there.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I see. Maybe its just slower but its painfully slow. Pinewood is so quick.

Marble too is very slow and also tools.

I can't upgrade the various hardwood buildings as they are now looking for granite.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Make sure you have enough storehouses close to your production buildings so the workers do not have to walk far.

A lot of players underestimate the impact walking time have on your productivity.

This guide is excellent:

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ding-Placement

It is also very important to place hardwood production in areas with hardwood deposits. If you have placed your hardwood production in the same area as your pinewood production chances are they have to walk a long distance to the deposits.

Having said that, hardwood is a problem, and you will need loads and loads for a long time.

As for your pinewood stores, build coking plants and make coal. You will never have too much coal
    Last edited by Dragavon; 29.01.14 at 22:12.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    here is a picture of my setup.

http://www.zamzar.com/getFiles.php?u...nrOM_ZDHIILMpt

There are 3 store houses nearby. I noted the level of each of the buildings

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, and it will be more painful to obtain exotic wood / granit... But don't panic, in a certain aspect this is a 'build a functioning economy' game, with slow advancement and funny events, so day by day everything find its place. Building upgrade costs could be a useful link, too.

Edit:
    I see the picture now. Two storehouse side by side not so effective. Further more of hardwood deposits mainly in sector 7, up north-west, also in 3, 6, 9 on east. The above guide is excelent, and can be find more in the forum...
    Last edited by Brankovics; 29.01.14 at 22:52.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    should I move all my hardwood buildings ? I don't have any idea where the sectors are located.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    I have mine in S7

and S4

and that gets me this

Because I keep my sawmills buffed as much as possible.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by aindriu80 View Post
    should I move all my hardwood buildings ? I don't have any idea where the sectors are located.
    Just hit the numeric keypad, and you will find out, wich number is wich sector. That little blue-white thingies are all around the borders of sectors. If you can remember, the fog lifted sector by sector on explorer initial routes. There have to be at least one storehouse in a sector before build/move anything else into it.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    what level are your buildings at ?

Reply to Thread