Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Halloween Event 2015

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I'm sorry that many seemed to have problems with the pumpkin/collectible drops. But - you know - you don't deserve anything. All of the things in an event are 1) effort and 2) a personal inside-your-head "woo hoo" when you did something.
    We all deserved at least a fair chance to complete the achievement. Now it was not possible for everyone. Google translate (has BB comments):

http://forum.diesiedleronline.de/thr...er-Sammelitems
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 08.11.15 at 21:58.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I decided to read all posts in all threads before posting any response to the overall whining (and I do mean whining) about the Halloween event.

I got many of the things I wanted. I didn't get all of the things I wanted. What is the problem with that?
    Ok - yeah, the final golems were quite expensive. Do you have the Titanium? Fine - do it. Do you not have the Titanium? Then don't do it. How is this complicated or unfair?

I'm sorry that many seemed to have problems with the pumpkin/collectible drops. But - you know - you don't deserve anything. All of the things in an event are 1) effort and 2) a personal inside-your-head "woo hoo" when you did something.

It sounds like a lot of people want to just log in and get all the goodies in a nice little mail and everything is done. I bet that nobody can tell me they got nothing from the event. Appreciate what you achieved.
    I have done at least 2 collection quests every day for the entire event, Yes I do expect to be able to achieve the who hoo achievement and claim my 75 pumpkins and yes I do deserve them. It is beyond my control to do this achievement other than to never miss a collection quest which I have done, BB were told early on there was something wrong with collectibles, they even tried to rectify it.

I've just read through all the posts again and tbh I can barely see anyone moaning they didn't get what they wanted, most concerned about the failure to be able to complete one achievement. Comments about Titanium are just observation that it's not worth the bother of killing Golem once that achievement done.

Yes a lot of people expect event resources to drop into their laps but this is not the way of the new brave world, even veteran players will have to make compromises, I know I did this event and almost certainly will with the next, but if you don't spend gems don't expect to get everything for free.

But if stuff is put in based on collectibles I expect to be able to do them, Christmas and the Soccer event next year will most likely be based around them in some part so if something is wrong as it appears to be I hope it gets fixed.
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 08.11.15 at 22:24.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Despite a initial run of bad luck with the collectables when it looked touch and go as if I would do the 100, things picked up after the fix. My only disappointment with the event is the lack of pumpkins generally. Normally I go all out to get as many as possible so as to help out my guild mates as well as get all that I need from the merchant. However that said it would appear that at least those in my guild who don't have the means have at least this event managed to obtain what they need so from that point of view the event is more balanced for players of all levels than previous years.

What has surprised me is how nobody has commented on the farm/silo imbalance in the event tab.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    and yes I do deserve them.
    Please forgive me - I'm not normally this adversarial. But I'm sorry - you don't. I will accept a level of argument about "I have invested X so I deserve Y", but only a limited level. I the investment vs return doesn't match your expectation then just don't play.

I find it quite amusing that it seems that some (not all, not everyone, I'm not pointing at one person) but some seem to walk in a door, don't like the decorations, complain about the decorations, leave the room, come back and do it again.

Perhaps stop coming in?

I think all things considered (except the bad bugs at first which was really unwarranted) that the event has been a good one. And I'm doing one more Bk tonight just to see if I can rake in a few more pumpkins....
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quoting out of context is bad form, an achievement for collecting collectibles must be achievable if you have put maximum effort in.

I not saying anything else is a god given, everything else is directly proportional to the amount of time / effort / resources you throw at it.
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 09.11.15 at 02:10.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    Quoting out of context is bad form, an achievement for collecting collectibles must be achievable if you have put maximum effort in.

I not saying anything else is a god given, everything else is directly proportional to the amount of time / effort / resources you throw at it.
    Fair point - I'll give you that (selected quoting is not appropriate).

From my perspective the achievements were doable - but if it was really the case that they were not, then that is not correct and it should not have happened. It seems clear that some players were shorted on the pumpkin drops regardless of how hard they tried so in that case it was not correct.

So I offer a general retraction
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    an achievement for collecting collectibles must be achievable if you have put maximum effort in.
    This about sums up where the devs got it wrong, and I'm afraid to say it...again. This is not the first time they have put in a random element to a goal and got it wrong, thus making some players un happy due to no lack of effort on their part. For `main ' pre-set goals and achievements players should not have to rely on such `luck'. If `luck' is to be factored in, it should be skewed towards giving a bonus to random players not depriving them despite all their efforts.

Ok - yeah, the final golems were quite expensive. Do you have the Titanium? Fine - do it. Do you not have the Titanium? Then don't do it. How is this complicated or unfair?
    Maybe, I missed a post, but I didn't read it that way, I pointed out where the flaw is in this part of the event, it is just a copy from earlier forms...it has not evolved with the game. When titanium was used initially many of us saw it as a resource sink because at the time we were not having to use it for the weapon chains, it had little value even though it was not a mined resource and could only be obtained through loot and quests. The last November `re-balance' changed things, and all those are saying in the feedback is that the devs need to pay more attention to what resources are used in events post big game changes. If they continue to short cut, copy/paste events then they are going to continue to get it wrong. I like killing golems, killed all mine ( although, with the extra fix changing the spawning time/ playing time I'm probably one short from the max) helped killed a load of others on my friend lists ( they were welcomed but I knew they thought I was mad, doing it when I already had all the `achievements' ) but I was looking at the cost/reward for the last few....that took the edge of the fun. Had they used gold ore ( which we can produce ) which was suggested then this would have struck the right balance and given a little more credit to the devs for an understanding of the changes they make to the game and the effect that they have over the long term `economics' of particular resources.
    Overall, personally I had another good event, got everything on my shopping list, but I did have to work at it more than previously, grinding all those adventures, was lucky with the pumpkin spawns and with the loot ( even got some granite at last ) I do however see the unfairness for others, and whilst it would be easy for me to sit back and say Its was a good event because I wasn't one of the unlucky ones, that would not correct the imbalance that did exist and perhaps should not have. With a little more thought and effort on the part of the dev team, if they take on board the feedback presented here, and implement them for future events is all we can ask...roll on Christmas....already got my explorers on low fat sausages, and doing workouts in lycra
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    The devs really need to rethink the collectibles especially if they get it wrong from start, the hotfix that was applied helped but only until the next maintance, then it was back to almost no pump spawns.

I really don't care about the reward or amount of pumps in the spawns,
    but i collected ALL spawns 2 times each day and still i can't reach the 100 collectibles, What ????.

From friday morning to now i got 3 [Removed] pump spawns, again What???

on average i was below normal game time spawn, alot of times under 10 spawns ???

Please be careful to keep your language pegi-7, even in abbreviation.
    Last edited by MOD_Houri; 10.11.15 at 15:56.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    2 collectibles completed every day of the event using fairy fire buffs to make sure all found and I have managed to get 98 pumpkin collectibles. Not thrilled that I have not completed all the achievements.

Wearysoul1
    At the end of the event some feedback
    Mostly good to trade pumpkins for resources.
    Bad things
    1) the suprise was an adventure I already had multiple copies of (island of pirates) 195
    2 impossible quest chains based on level (cant make holy water under 35) (so cant get max pumpkins)
    3) spawn problems for pumpkins
    thanks

Reply to Thread