Reply to Thread

Thread: a notepad and a trade overview

World
    Northisle

a notepad and a trade overview

two suggestions :

1. Would be nice to have a small notepad to write down things that need your attention in the future or the next time you log in. 255 characters should be enough. the button could come next to the mail or merchant icon. reason : i have now an excell sheet running next to TSO to keep my ideas, plans, productions, calculations, etc.

2. a trade overview tab of your contracts to friends and the possibility to cancel the trades. reason : i use this technique of sending contracts and getting them back to get my production running continuously and to get more goods than my warehouse can hold... and i don't want to use the marketplace (and coins !) for that.

what do you think ?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Item 1. I just send myself a mail of what I need to remember.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad2 View Post
    Item 1. I just send myself a mail of what I need to remember.
    that is an option, but just because there is no other way to handle your notes in this game. sending a mail means more clicking to retreive your ingame name. And TSO could do with a reduction in clicks :example you have to click twice on the blue log in button to start the game; if you send your generals on an adventure you first have to click the adventure tab, click on send army, hover over the generals, then click to select him and finally click OK... and then repeat the whole story for the next general. too many clicks !

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykew2012 View Post
    two suggestions :

2. a trade overview tab of your contracts to friends and the possibility to cancel the trades. reason : i use this technique of sending contracts and getting them back to get my production running continuously and to get more goods than my warehouse can hold... and i don't want to use the marketplace (and coins !) for that.
    I seriously doubt that using the mail system or trades to push items to the star menu was something intended by BB so i doubt they will want to facilitate this practice with new tools. More likely they will re-evaluate the whole system instead and make pushing goods to star menu instead of building more storehouses/upgrading storehouses impossible

World
    Northisle
    @Qualan
    That would be unfair to players who don't try to find a way to play this game -let's call it- "in an inventive way", like i do... Imagine a player who sells a small amount of goods to his/her friend, for a reasonable price. The own production however, continues, the storage gets full and after several hours the friend descides NOT to accept the contratc, due to a low cash-flow. The honest player might lose his goods... That would not be accepted by anyone, i bet.
    "Parking" goods at other players' door is commonly done in all online trading games.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykew2012 View Post
    that is an option, but just because there is no other way to handle your notes in this game. sending a mail means more clicking to retreive your ingame name. And TSO could do with a reduction in clicks :example you have to click twice on the blue log in button to start the game; if you send your generals on an adventure you first have to click the adventure tab, click on send army, hover over the generals, then click to select him and finally click OK... and then repeat the whole story for the next general. too many clicks !
    Two clicks on the blue button to login?
    Think you need a new mouse, that one's broken.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Northisle
    @Nogbad
    I am not talking about "double clicking", but about "clicking twice". At first you have the opening screen. After clicking the blue button (count with me :"one click"), you get the box to enter your name and password. You fill in the required information, press enter and then the opening screen appears again, now with your avatar on top of it. Click the blue button a second time (again count with me :"two clicks !"). Too many clicks. QED !
    Anyway, this leads us away from the title of the topic : we do need a notepad and a trade overview.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Long-winded way of doing things.
    Count with me, log in the simpler way.
    Click blue button ONCE (count it), to start game.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    jaykew2012: Exactly, bouth your suggestion would be really usefull. I really need some much larger and more detailed trade history

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Guaire View Post
    Can I just be a dumb ass and ask why I cannot trade. I have been away from the game for quite sometime and when I got back trading was done by icon. When I type in coal or anything it just puts up an msg saying cannot find anything that matches your discription. Any help wouldbe great. Cheers.
    Try hitting the refresh button in the bottom left of the trade window first

Reply to Thread