Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lv 50 club

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Unhappy Lv 50 club

for all the people that are near or at level 50 don't rush as when you get here you can not collect any more xps as it is capped and there are no more levels at the minute, so if you do adventures you just waste the xps.

please will the game maker just remove the xp cap and let us collect more xps and correct the lvs when u make them

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Or you could store up your rewards for when the cap is increased.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    nice idea not sure on how long you can keep mail for
    as been here for a while now

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Jason, whilst I have quite a way to go before reaching lvl50. I'd also be interested to know what the plans are from BB's side.

IE when is it likely that new levels will be introduced?
    Will those that have reached lvl50 now, automatically be 'credited' with the xp that they've gained from the time they reached 50 when the new levels are introduced? Or will they have to 'start from the beginning of lvl50' when new levels are introduced?

If other's are interested, too, or have questions related to this subject, may be they could post them in this thread? (As long as you do not object, Jason)

Kind regards, Blue:-)

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    MOD_Blue I can not speak for BB, though I very much doubt that xp will be credited once the level cap is raised. Theoretically, if they were to credit xp, you could hit the next level cap the second servers go live after they are implemented. What I would like to ask is what BB has planned for players once they reach the level cap. We all know PvP is planned, though as you can see by reading through threads on this forum, it is not 'everyone's cup of tea'.

So what is planned, if anything other than PvP? Or are we basically looking at a game that the achievement of the level cap is indeed the completion of end game content.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    i have asked support as regard the xp cap, as with the football event about to start, if (will have to) do to get football i will lose about 60k xp and i am now getting bored and very full stores wait to start battling again, as can not get no answer out of BB regards storing adventure prizes in mail, our if there is any way of taking the xp cap of and letting ppl collect xps again

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Jason - couldn't agree more. I'm going to hit L48 in the next few days (hopefully) and whilst I want the cannons I cant think of any real reason to carry on playing if there isn't something to keep me interested. I hadn't realised that not only do you not accumulate gems for leveling up but that the XP stops. Whats the point in that - its like they may as well just have put an end game banner on there and told you where to get the taxi out of TSO'vile.
    Hope BB recognise this as a problem quickly but judging by the American site there has been a lot of people complaining about this for some time.
    fishslice

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    You can't remove a level cap and allow people to accumulate xp before the next level cap's content is ready and released. Just think about it for a second, you could technically hit a hypothetical L60 level cap, the second that cap is implemented. You would have access to all new buildings/deposits/high end adventures, then within a few weeks, be asking for the new level cap to be removed as you have completed everything once again.

It would also make it impossible for newer players/players with less game time to 'catch up'. Players that have hit high levels early already received great advantages through being able to trade their high level resources for high prices due to so few having access (and so they should!). To then gain access to all new level cap resources the day they are released would be too powerful though, destroying trade on these items, as a handful of players would gain vast profits, as it would be months before most of the population would reach that point in the game.

I understand the frustration, but in a leveling game their has to be a limit set with each new major content update. I think the real problem is there not being any end game content for players when they hit the level cap. It should be about leveling, then playing the game... not the game being to level up.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    The fact that players reach EoC soo fast means that there is a serieus design flaw. Even at the extreme increase of xp you need per level it was too easy to level up.
    People like to be able to be the highest level, its that kind of competition that is the only thing what is showing. Sadly there is nothing else then level up and levelling gets easier NOT harder by playing it, especially as it seems to be mindboggling easy to get loads and loads of xbows/d-swords and cannons.

The problem is sadly that BlueByte still has his mindset wrong. An MMORPG is not like an DVDgame you buy in the shop. With those games you restart the game lots of times. You get to the victory condition and you restart it, but with an MMORP there is no victory condition so you keep on playing untill you are bored and start a new game.

BlueByte had the design phase correctly on making Xbows/D-Swords/Cannons hard to make, but they really fluked up by giving them away with those adventures. Now nobody is going to built the factories to make them. And even then, its too hard to get titanium anyway to make an decent industry. Also another problem is the fact that you can save too many troops by exploiting the round-block fluke. At the moment you general engage in combat you should finish that fight and loose the troops not having the combat cancelled by destroying the leader camp.

At this moment I really see no solution to modify the game enough for the higher levels to keep it exciting. I have some ideas, but it will mean a complete redesign of some of the higher levels including removing most of the high level weapons loot from adventures, removing roundblocks, making partial loot possible (for the high level adventures) and modifying loot all together from most adventures.

World
    Sandycove
    i think that development must be being made to make the level higher than 50, although level 50 as a cap is very low....
    ^Craig Matthews (mattc062)

Reply to Thread