Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Science System Update!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Fero View Post
    Haha let's see...

-Increased damage for longbowmen (yet less that crossbowmen do)
    -Increased hit points for cannoneers (who should not get hit in the first place)
    -First strike ability to general (to wipe out ever-so-significant 1 unit from enemy lines)
    -At least one skill that actually worsens the battle's outcome
    -A bugged skill that causes the general get intercepted to a blocked camp, making everyone have to reset their vet's skill tree to 0
    -And a ton of chance-based incremental improvements that will give a world-class headache to any combat simulator host

Can't wait to get it!
    omg I want this!!1!1!!!

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Ooh, Sir! Sir! Me Sir! I have an idea. How about making bowmen even more cautious? "This unit will only go into battle if the battle has already been won"

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I would prefer it if none of the skills were aimed at specific lengths of searches (so nothing which just buffs long or extra long treasure searches), and instead of adjusting the chance to get something, make it so you have a chance to get additional loot of something (so instead of higher chance for titanium ore, you have a chance to get the usual loot and some additional titanium ore).

Could do with a skill which reduces chance to get poor adventures such as sotv and se.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Simple papermill is an intermediate building,
    Intermediate papermill is an advanced building,
    Advanced papermill is an expert building.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    can u give an idea what tree for gens and island. love the tree for geos

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Alright, proper feedback for the explorer skills:
    Manuscript
    - Faster adventure search: excellent. Even 1% faster is huge improvement on anything that lasts 12/24/48h. I doubt it will be a lot faster, but if it were, pushing 16h search to 12h would be the next magic point. That would take 25% time reduction though (i.e. 33% faster).
    - Higher chance for granite from medium search: depending on how much, this might make the medium search the best search for granite.
    - Shorter long treasure search: good. Just like with faster adventure search, lowering time even slightly allows keeping daily schedule.
    - Shorter time for all treasure searches: great. As with all speed improvements, keeping daily schedule gets easier.

Tome
    - More map fragments from adventure search: excellent. At least to all of us who do nothing but adventure searches.
    - More saltpeter from Extra Long search: useless. As long as saltpeter is utterly useless, so is this skill.
    - Higher chance for titanium ore from long search: this may turn out to be useful as titanium ore price keeps climbing. And I'm sure it will.
    - Shorter medium treasure search. A clear combo skill with the extra granite from medium search.
    - Reduced cost for all adventure searches: depending on how much, can be pretty nice.
    - More granite from medium treasure search: yet another combo skill that boosts granite from medium search. Very nice for specializing on it.
    - More loot on all treasure searches: well, that's just even more granite from medium search too.
    - Higher chance for titanium ore from long search: identical skill to one slightly above? Bug?

Codex (these skills are expensive to get, so they better be worth it)
    - Chance to find a second adventure: totally depends on numbers.
    - More titanium on long treasure search. Depends on titanium ore prices going up, but as said, can be good.
    - Faster extra long treasure search: probably useless. Manuscript already drops the time below 24/48h limit to allow keeping daily rhythm.
    - Shortens all searches: this might push 16/32h adventure search below 12h in combo with another skill. That would make this useful.
    - Chance to receive adventure bonus quest: this is big question mark, depends on the quests
    - Chance to receive treasure bonus quest: this is big question mark, depends on the quests
    - Artefact search ability: another big question mark, depends on what buffs and what odds, may be useless if it makes most earlier skills obsolete
    - Rarity search ability: depends on what resources and what odds, may be useless if it makes most earlier skills obsolete

Overall, manuscript skills look good, tome are ok, codex ones leave me wondering. When one codex starts costing 15 manuscripts to make (thus taking well over a week of time), the gains from it have to be worth the investment or people will just save their books for next patch.

What would I add / change?

- Scrap a map ability - take an adventure and scrap it into map fragments. Amount of fragments and time it takes depends on adventure. As an example, scrapping Secluded Experiments would yield 90 fragments (difficulty 9) and scrapping would take 9 days on regular explorer. In other words, you'd get 10 fragments per 24h by scrapping unused adventures. And twice as fast with fast explorer.

- Partial map - chance to find partial map on any adventure search (chance depends on search length). Partial map gives 75 map fragment discount on a random adventure bought from merchant. For example, you might find partial map for Gunpowder, lowering its price from 200 mf to 125 mf until player purchases one. Multiple partial maps can be used to lower price further. If multiple partial maps are used and price hits 0, player receives the adventure automatically and price resets.

- Rare maps - very small chance to just outright find one of the Merchant only maps on any adventure search (chance depends on search length). Adding Nords 2, End of the World and all other event maps that are not available regularly would make this even more interesting.

- Instant treasure - small chance for any treasure hunt to complete instantly instead of taking its normal duration.

- Gem hunter - small chance to find gems in addition to the normal treasure found on a treasure hunt (chance/amount depends on length of hunt)

- Luckiest man alive - tiny chance to find a deed of a random building instead (or in addition) to the normal treasure found on a treasure hunt (chance depending on length of the hunt). Doesn't necessarily have to include gem pit, but one in a million odds for even that would make this the true lottery ability. Possible rewards could include special characters too: jolly geo, savage scout, battle hardened general, veteran general.

- Recruiter - small chance to return with mercenary troop(s) from any search, in addition to normal results. Possible reward not limited by your level, so you could get a lone cannoneer earlier in the game from this. Odds for cannoneer are obviously very low though.

- Don't come back until you found granite - special search that will always return with granite. How long it takes? Nobody knows. The explorer will just return at some point with pile of granite. Suitable average time depends on how much granite this search provides. Since it messes up player's timing of the explorers completely and forces them to keep checking for sudden return quite often, the granite earned should make up for the inconvenience, slightly. Players who hate such inconvenience can simply get another skill.

- I found a book - small chance to find a manuscript/tome/codex from a treasure hunt.

That should do for now. Feedback given.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I recently decided I'd made a mistake in upgrading my geos and got the 50% refund for books on the skills I'd already applied.

The "inflation" for producing large number of books didn't reset even though the number of active books went down significantly. Specifically, the cost of producing the next manusecript was still 13 gold even though I was down to fewer than 20 active scripts (including those spent on making my remaining tomes/codices), so the price should have been 12 gold.

I feel that the cost of producing books should be based on the number of books that are "available" or "used", not on a permanent count of how many you've produced in the past. People who don't use gems to get a full refund are already punished enough. I won't mention my frustration over the 50% being rounded down...

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    I recently decided I'd made a mistake in upgrading my geos and got the 50% refund for books on the skills I'd already applied.

The "inflation" for producing large number of books didn't reset even though the number of active books went down significantly. Specifically, the cost of producing the next manusecript was still 13 gold even though I was down to fewer than 20 active scripts (including those spent on making my remaining tomes/codices), so the price should have been 12 gold.

I feel that the cost of producing books should be based on the number of books that are "available" or "used", not on a permanent count of how many you've produced in the past. People who don't use gems to get a full refund are already punished enough. I won't mention my frustration over the 50% being rounded down...
    I totally agree with this. I've been complaining about this for a while now. If you're getting a 50% refund, the cost of the books should adjust with the 'active' books that you own/used.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Just for info: The test server says the Explorer Skill Tree starts there tomorrow after downtime (Tuesday 20th between 12:00 and 18:00h (CEST)) so we can give those new skill a good try before buy.
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

World
    Northisle
    Can someone tell me what will i get with:
    Travelling Erudite skill {(list of buffs and items and thear amoun (lowest and highest)}
    and Bean-A-Colada skill {(list or rare resources and thear amount (lowest and highest)}

Reply to Thread