Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The joys of pvp

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Cool The joys of pvp

Here's a suggestion for the PVP:

they'll be 2 modes: Defence and Attack

Defence: players will be able to build towers and traps and position them on their island. Towers will be visible to other players but not what or how many units they're holding. Towers will have an influence area thus protecting buildings in this area.Traps will be invisible

Attack: players will be able to send an attack to other players if they're in their level category (20's,30's etc..) generals will be sent with troops to attack and their landing zone will be along the coast. the target player will be notified of the incoming attack.
    The attacker can attack buildings but if they're protected by towers or traps they will be intercepted.
    If the attacker win he'll get the loot from that building. if he loses the target player will earn loot from attacker troops (bronze swords if rec, brew etc...)
    can incorporate "help call" by other guild members to defend the target player as well.

Wouldn't that be a nice PVP ?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

The joys of pvp

My troops were sitting comfortably around the fireplace when the alarms began to ring. Next my spy enters the Great Hall and warns about a huge army coming towards our city, sent by a much higher level player. Knowing we had no chance, my hero rallied the troops and fled to a wood encampment north of the city. From there, we saw the enemy destroy our carefully laid traps and plunder all our food, wood, stone and silver. Will he be satisfied?, our hero asked himself. No. Next another massive army was spotted coming towards our hideout. The enemy's spies had tracked us! He wanted to raise his kill count because of the Event, and win the Supreme Hammer of War! We fled to an allied city, owned by a player of our alliance. Big mistake! It was a trap! As soon as the gates shut, 3 enormous armies fell upon us, cutting the escape routes, destroying troops and plundering resources. The result? My city was razed, my resources lost and my hero was sacrificed in the enemy's Altar of the Gods.

I now sit licking my wounds and plotting revenge. Every dog will have his day.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Sorry absolutely not interested at all.

Instead of asking for PVP here, you might want to try playing

evony,
    travian,
    ikariam,
    wild guns,
    the godfather: five families,
    kingsage,
    empire craft,
    empire rising,
    grepolis,
    kingory,
    tribal wars

which I got just randomly searching the term PVP on google.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Thomas View Post
    Sorry absolutely not interested at all.

Instead of asking for PVP here, you might want to try playing

evony,
    travian,
    ikariam,
    wild guns,
    the godfather: five families,
    kingsage,
    empire craft,
    empire rising,
    grepolis,
    kingory,
    tribal wars

which I got just randomly searching the term PVP on google.
    Seeing how you're replying the same thing in different threads about pvp, I'll tell you this:

Those games are nothing like The Settlers Online, those games are different browser strategy games with pvp, they don't look or play like TSO at all.

What would be a helpful reply is either a reason why pvp would be bad in TSO (facts, not opinions) or suggesting games with the look and feel of TSO but with pvp.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    The sequence I mentioned is taken from Game of War: Fire Age, another game I play online. And I am not asking for pvp, I get it from other online games, like the ones you mentioned. But, from what I read some times in the forum, it seems pvp WAS PROMISED in the past, which, in my opinion, would be great.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkran View Post
    Seeing how you're replying the same thing in different threads about pvp, I'll tell you this:

Those games are nothing like The Settlers Online, those games are different browser strategy games with pvp, they don't look or play like TSO at all.

What would be a helpful reply is either a reason why pvp would be bad in TSO (facts, not opinions) or suggesting games with the look and feel of TSO but with pvp.
    Apparently you do not seem to understand my subtle reply. Let me do this another way,

You do not go into a vegan store and request for a sizzling beef steak, instead you would go to a steak house in real life.

Why would you do the same here, by requesting for PvP in a game about trading and building, where there are plenty of PvP games out on the web.

If I wanted PvP I would have stayed with Evony or Tribal Wars.

Stop trying to make TSO into another cookie cutter PvP.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Agreed. I knew what TSO was about when I joined. Again, I am not asking for pvp, but it would be great.

Speaking of which, let me check if my Spear-throwers are finished, I need to attack my neighbour and steal his resources, while their troops are away.

World
    Newfoundland
    Threads Merged - minion79

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    There are only 2 facts about PvP in TSO. 1 it's in the pipeline, 2 They can't attack your island.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Wouldn't like this at all. It would turn into another one of those: lvl 50 farms lvl 30 or below all the time and they wouldn't be able to do a thing back. Perfect way to get beginners and casuals to quit within a week or 4. And don't say it wouldn't. Just look at all those other games mentioned above. 99% sign up get strong and interesting enough to become someone's exp/resource farm and goodbye! Can barely play anymore because you get farmed 24/7. Gold is already scarce for a lvl 30-40 so losing it everyday to some lvl 50 with 10K units while you can barely scrape together say 1-2K yeah not going to work. I actually played this game because of the lack of PvP. And if PvP is introduced they would have to make it so it doesn't turn people into farms for others for me to want to continue playing it.

Reply to Thread