Reply to Thread

Thread: Let Generals patrol or 'look for' collectibles

DutchZji

Let Generals patrol or 'look for' collectibles

I have a nice suggestion in light of the new collectibles feature.

It can be difficult to find these collectibles, they can be well hidden. And, at times your generals are just stationary on your island doing nothing while you are rebuilding troops after a completed adventure. Even more so: after you have cleared all sectors of you home island (which is in early stages of the game), your generals really can do nothing anymore on your home island and are often just stationary. How about you can set a general to patrol and he will let you know if he passes a collectible item (by a message in your mail e.g.).

This might be a cool feature to be able to have them help in your search of collectibles. Set them to patrol a certain area, or let them be able to move to a different place on your home island and alert you about any collectibles they see along the way.

And the same for a general on an adventure; if he is on route to a bb camp and passes a collectible closely, he alerts you. Like this your generals are your "eyes on the surface".

I am curious to what all you guys think of this.

Cheers

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Explorers have an 'explore sector' button, that for many players is redundant. ~ It could be given a new use for hunting invisibles.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    My explorers are often out for 24hr at a time though.
    My generals are mostly on adventure or travelling between them.

Personally I would vote for geologists having the skill to find collectibles. Even if the skill took several hours it might be usable for the odd one or two.
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    We now have a 6 types of generals with 2 more currently on test, 3 types of explorers, but only 2 types of geologists. We get 2 event generals (easter & halloween), 1 event explorer (easter), 0 event geologists. I suggest an event geologist for xmas with collectable finding skills.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Please don't encourage them. We want pvp.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless- View Post
    Please don't encourage them. We want pvp.
    No, we do not want PVP.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Hmm. Geologists take rest? Usually my generals spend more time in their garrison than the geologists sit in the star. May be because I have more generals than geologists, but anyway the mines have so frequently depleted...
    So methink it is a good idea generals might do something useful on their home island too. And also, explorer's and geologist's science system looks ready, while generals can get any new type of lessons and knowledge. And also it is a good training for recruits to scan the terrain imperceptibly. Imagine: you may sign a not too small area, for example two or three times the influence area (let's show e.g. blue), and after a time dependent on the troops in that garrison you get a message that there are collectibles or not. Say-so this skill is very similar to what the explorer does, but it can be useful in adventures also, but that's another story...

And yes, we want PvP -- as the last year has been promising.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Going on what appears to be the current deployment system, I suspect it's probably already too late in the day for suggestions on what skills generals get. I ask myself do we like the idea of 1 generals getting non combat science skills, 2 not being able to send generals/troops to an adventure because they are already deployed on your island .

However I have a recollection of some sort of scouting function as being part of the PvP suggested in the diaries of over a year ago, maybe that could help find collectables.

Reply to Thread