Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 171 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Killste : Collected Adventure Guides by Various Authors

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA View Post
    Gens are jumping again on VTV, this time the first block
    Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    Yes, I'm confident enough about BB having fixed the bug with jumping generals (despite BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA's post above).
    Thus, I've removed the mentioning about jumping generals from my VtV guide.
    I've however kept the old version hidden in a spoiler and kept the new version as a main one (since it is safer).
    Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl View Post
    Like this?

I cannot move my general that close when I did it, not sure how you can.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    hi....how can block this camp from nords with C/E?

Camp 11) 120 Housecarl
    BLOCK Normal General: 122S 74C (9 - 11.5 - 15 rounds)
    tyvm

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrytipper View Post
    Also, there is no elite/soldier requirement in the Veteran General with Crossbow setting like there is in cannons. I mentioned a while a go but I think my post got lost in all the jumping-gen shenanigans.

Afaik you like them having:

Max E, Min S setting
    Max S Setting

But its dificult to do requirements, since there are so many options, for instance, block 4, you can opt so many different combinations.
    Yes, and those having cannoneers can always also train elite soldiers,
    whereas those having crossbows won't necessarily be able to train elites...

Thus, I've normally kept the main versions with crossbows to be with ordinary soldiers,
    and left it to those having elites to see for themselves which of the blocks they want to use them on.

Wait, Tage, you are married and you still find time for all this? Great stuff
    Well, not married yet, but my partner goes early to bed (and gets up way ahead of me in the mornings),
    leaving me a couple of hours every night when I can play this...

On another note, a friend of mine today had problems with blocks in outlaws. Are we certain this has been fixed or are there still problems with the generals going in to red territory?
    The first block in Outlaws is, and will always be, very tight, in both ends...
    In other words, failure is imminent
    • if the generals march out at the same time
    • if the generals march out too far apart
    However...
    • if it fails because they are too close to each other, you would lose both blocks
    • if it fails because they are too far apart, you would only lose the first block
    Thus, if it's laggy, I would recommend that you rather send them further apart than right after each other.
    E.g. wait till the previous general has appeared outside his garrison before sending the next one...

I cannot move my general that close when I did it, not sure how you can.
    Such unavailable garrison placements are probably due to dirt roads still occupying that space.
    If you exit the game and reload it, all those dirt roads should disappear.

Personally, ever since I worked on the SotV guide,
    I've made all my guides so that the generals can be placed regardless of the dirt roads.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by abelar View Post
    hi....how can block this camp from nords with C/E?
    That's a very easy block... e.g. 93E 103C would give a block lasting at least 220 seconds:

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    thank's mate

someone can edit the nords guide and add this version for camp 11?
    Camp 11) 120 Housecarl
    BLOCK Normal General: 122S 74C (9 - 11.5 - 15 rounds)
    Normal general: 93E 103C x rounds or at least 220 seconds
    thx
    Last edited by abelar; 03.04.13 at 06:22.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Hey Guys, i have Roaring Bull Guide in short version, but with fewer losses then your guide by over 200 units.

if you want, you can implement it to your section. Only works with Cannoniers.

Blocks working pretty good, but you can try it out to make sure)
    However, lags are always a factor, so adapt depending on how smoothly game goes)

World
    Newfoundland
    Ill have to ask him to post on here about the block fails, Tage did you also look into that problem with motherly love? (gen getting intercepted in own zone)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tridom View Post
    Hey Guys, i have Roaring Bull Guide in short version, but with fewer losses then your guide by over 200 units.

if you want, you can implement it to your section. Only works with Cannoniers.

Blocks working pretty good, but you can try it out to make sure)
    However, lags are always a factor, so adapt depending on how smoothly game goes)
    Thanks!! Just what I needed.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ill have to ask him to post on here about the block fails,
    Thank Harry for reporting problem. That's really weird

1. The first (long) lock was failed when vet gen was intercepted by camp 20 in very strange way: vet gen was intercepted when camp 20 was still under attack (and the vet gen had to wait in queue to continue attacking it ofc).

2. The second (triple) block is much similar: The third gen was intercepted by the first blocked camp (camp 4) while that camp was still under attack. That happened even before vet gen came to the area (so that i could retreat him on time )

Frankly, my observation was not too closed bz i did outlaws so many times with the same setups without any problem and both troop setups for blocks was from GENESIS guide (to save CAV -> i always use these setups for all times)
    Last edited by quangvhg; 05.04.13 at 03:58.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Re Motherly Love

Hi Killste and Tage,
    Thanks for all the wonderful work you do on the maps, they are a great help. I have worked out a way to do Motherly Love without the need for a fast (BHG or vet) general. A lot of people in my guild dont have them and I thought I would try this after seeing the opportunity last time I played it.
    I transfer my garrisons to the right side of the island to be where you place yours, for some reason I always land on the left peninsula.
    The placements for my camps arent critical as you first take out Camp 2 with 110 rec and 90 soldiers. You lose all 110 rec and between 60-80 soldiers but is better than the 2 waves you send out in the guide.
    This leaves the way clear for straight attacks on traps 2-3 and Wild Mary. You can attack trap 2 and get intercepted by trap 3 with 200 recruits, losing the numbers in your guide.
    After that it is just a case of the 3 waves on Wild Mary as per guide, I never got intercepted by trap 1 but is worth keeping an eye close in case. For safety I suppose you could attack it directly before attacking the Leader camp.
    For the lootspot the 2nd player has the 1R attack on camp 1 to kill a couple of gunmen, I prefer to tell them to send 5 Rec to make sure. This can be done at any time as all your action is on the other side of the island.
    Hope this is of help and some food for thought for you.

Regards
    Richard aka Dickie-Bird

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by quangvhg View Post
    Thank Harry for reporting problem. That's really weird

1. The first (long) lock was failed when vet gen was intercepted by camp 20 in very strange way: vet gen was intercepted when camp 20 was still under attack (and the vet gen had to wait in queue to continue attacking it ofc).

2. The second (triple) block is much similar: The third gen was intercepted by the first blocked camp (camp 4) while that camp was still under attack. That happened even before vet gen came to the area (so that i could retreat him on time )

Frankly, my observation was not too closed bz i did outlaws so many times with the same setups without any problem and both troop setups for blocks was from GENESIS guide (to save CAV -> i always use these setups for all times)

Thanks Harry and quangvhg!

Neither of those two blocks are anywhere close to friendly territory, so it shouldn't be that bug at least... although, who knows?
    It's never happened to me that way though... thus... if anybody else experiences the same problem with a general being intercepted by a camp that's being blocked when he rides into its red influence area, I'd like to hear about it.

Reply to Thread