Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question

Glorious Graduate Luuk_The_Great's Avatar
    World
    Northisle

Question Question

Hi,

There was a conversation IGM, and some guy said "try f9" that's nice... And I aswerd: "Try Ctrl + W, that's nice as well, lol."
    And then some moderator banned me, because he didn't like my joke, I think it was MOD_Firemansam...
    Is it really not tollerated to make jokes like this?

Kind regards,

Luuk_The_Great

World
    Northisle
    It depends on the outcome of the joke i suppose.. i'd not tolerate people making mean jokes no matter how fun they or I found them.
    Remember, the Game itself is PEGI 7+, this means it's suppose to be a good environment for 7 year olds.
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post
    It depends on the outcome of the joke i suppose.. i'd not tolerate people making mean jokes no matter how fun they or I found them.
    Remember, the Game itself is PEGI 7+, this means it's suppose to be a good environment for 7 year olds.
    You have to be 14 to make an account.

OT: the game is ridiculously over-moderated with apparently nothing but nostalgic talk about old games/tv shows allowed. Even if someone isn't instantly warned by a mod the spam generated by the dozen or so self-appointed chat captains quoting rules at people is enough to put most off from bothering to use the chat - log in and minimize the chat / use a channel without global.

World
    Northisle
    Sooo a joke such as Ctr + W is worse if a child of 7 years old read this?

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuk_The_Great View Post
    Sooo a joke such as Ctr + W is worse if a child of 7 years old read this?
    I'd say it's a bit mean spirited yes. it's up there with the tired and old Alt+F4 of old times..
    You have to be 14 to make an account.
    The PEGI rating is still 7+, and a 7 year old can make an account with an adults consent.
    We can't solve problems using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. / Albert Einstein
    I refuse to lower my standards, to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs. / Steve Gemlin

World
    Northisle
    I'd say it's a bit mean spirited yes. it's up there with the tired and old Alt+F4 of old times..
    Most jokes are mean spirited -.-

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

The PEGI rating is still 7+, and a 7 year old can make an account with an adults consent.
    The only way anyone under 14 can make an account is by lying on the age section of the sign-up process making the pegi rating kind of irrelevant anyway, if i made an account for my little girl then i would have 2 accounts which i thought was against the rules.

World
    Newfoundland
    the game is ridiculously over-moderated with apparently nothing but nostalgic talk about old games/tv shows allowed. Even if someone isn't instantly warned by a mod the spam generated by the dozen or so self-appointed chat captains quoting rules at people is enough to put most off from bothering to use the chat
    exactly what i think.
    http://www.torredelbierzo.net/clipart/Simbol.gif
    When the going gets tough, only the tougher keeps going

World
    Northisle
    But... Cmon... I tell a joke about ctrl + W, and I get a chat ban?! Ugh...

My chat ban has expired now, but I still think it's childish to get banned for a joke like this...
    Last edited by Luuk_The_Great; 26.02.12 at 13:07.

World
    Northisle
    Well, its rather redundant to moan about it on the forums
    As soon as the Agora is up and running well have to make a point of raising the question regarding the PEGI rating and signup age.

and i am sure theres bound to be many discussions regarding moderation.

Reply to Thread