Reply to Thread

Thread: Another island?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland

Another island?

Here's a suggestion which I know wouldn't be the easiest to implement. When we get so far in to the game how about we get another island to liven it up again? Iknow there's adventures and there's more planned too, so thoughts on this?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I should add - some of us won't be using pvp so maybe this could be another option for people

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Certainly we see some interesting islands in adventures that would be nice to colonise. Perhaps if we had that option, that particular adventure would cease to be available to the coloniser

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    That was another thought I had - the ability to colonise other lands as well.

World
    Newfoundland
    There were leaks concerning pvp system, according to which theres an idea to put all players on one huge landmass and let them fight for neutral sectors. If its more than a rumour, it shouldnt be a problem to put some neutral land you could colonize without the need to fight for it.

However to see if this is what BB is going to do we need to wait a few months.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I would be quite happy to colonise another island but it has its own practical difficulties. How would you get licences to build there? Will resources be shared between your colonies or are they two almost independent playing positions? Will the freedom to build and produce more result in fewer people buying gems, thus losing money for BlueByte after all the work done to introduce it? Will it lead to people reaching the level cap faster and getting bored because they have nothing left to do? How do you design it so a level 40+ player doesn't wipe the defenders off the map in a day, plop down all his buildings and upgrade them to tier 4 over the course of the next month then declare himself finished?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree that another island would be good. Now I have completed the Island, I am now finding the game less interesting, as the adventures just aren't as compeling.

Reply to Thread