Reply to Thread

Thread: Dutch channel for the dutch players

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Dutch channel for the dutch players

Dear mod and leaders of settlers why would you begin a dutch chat channel for the dutch people who play the game ik think there is enough people who like this idea for the settlers and the chat

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    because it is an eglish language server. To ensure pegi 7 rating compliance they then have to ensure enough support for that- meaning a dutch Blue Byte support officer on top of the (volunteer) dutch mods needed for the channel.

Understand that this game for you, is a business for them. Choices are made as business decisions and need to make economic sense. Language channels won;t do that due to the lvl of support needed for it. A dutch language server might- if they feel they have enough of a player base to fill 2 or more servers in the log run (i think) I dount it is economically viable to make a single specific language server due to the extra effort needed in development as well as support.

Anyway, i dont have to make the decision, they have. And it either comes or it won;t. Untill such time you will have to suffer an english, german, french, polish russian or (soon) spanish language server to play.

You can still (with max 100) have a language specific guild, avoiding these issues

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    i approve this, TSO definitely needs a dutch server

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    As soon as today's maintenance end Dutch and other languages will have their own non moderated language channel.
    Please see the following BB post for the full language list.
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...-and-languages

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    yea i saw it,

i will make sure not to visit em as they will end up shouting channels. Probably best to have a channel guard with parental control on these channels to protect the innocent ears- come to think of it, these will be the ones flaming each other, talking about all the stuff u get banned for now and feel like big boys and girls. It is kinda jumping from one extreme to the other.

Ofc non moderated means exactly that- if you have complaints about what happens, BB won;t help you- although i doubt that the worst excesses will be allowed regardless what happens. It is up to the players in language channel to ensure these don;t escalate to such bad levels that BB has to decide to remoe em somewhere down the line

Specific language servers seems like a much better option for the bigger playing populations

but it is what it is and we will see where it goes from here )

Reply to Thread