Reply to Thread

Thread: Making Gems tradeable

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Making Gems tradeable

For some time I have been wishing this to happen, but since I have not seen it I will propose it here. If you make gems tradeable, it would give them real market value on TT. People playing for free would gain more options to buy from market. People buying them with real cash would still benefit since others need to produce the goods to buy gc to buy gems. Giving more shopping options to people not paying for this game would probably result the price of gems to be higher than now, and also result more real cash income to game runner.

Just for reference, Eve Online does this already, you can buy 30 day game time called Plex with your real live cash and then sell them for ingame cash called ISK. And from what I have heard, they are making a lot of money from it.

So I ask you all to think this for a while and point all good and bad things about it. Please do state your reasons when you comment this, thank you,

Kaakao

World
    Newfoundland
    One player was already banned for trying to sell his game gold. Selling it for gems is no different, except that BlueByte get the money.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    You get gems for 7 days login streaks, for leveling up, supposedly as reward for doing quests. So it is basicaly a resource. More resources = more trading options = more fun. Thats how I see it anyway.
    Last edited by Bercik; 11.04.12 at 22:28.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    This is a good idea and it has been done in many games.
    The only way that i see it working is if the traded gems are "linked" to the payers account.
    By linked i mean that the bought gems will not be able to be re-traded or gifted away just used by the player who got them as a trade.
    In other words the gems will be traded only once from the real money player to someone else.
    This method will prevent re-selling and devaluation of gems and will increase the profits of the company as p2p player will be encouraged to buy more and more gems since they will have the ability to trade them for anything they want.

Just my opinion...

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    One player was already banned for trying to sell his game gold. Selling it for gems is no different, except that BlueByte get the money.

lol tierarzt everyone happy that hes been banned. and its fault for being a idiot about it.

Reply to Thread