Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [FWB] Hasmirs's adventure blog for Veteran fighters

World
    Newfoundland
    Just about to try your Outlaws map but I'm confused over camps 1 and 2 - Camp 1 says to attack camp 2 and don't retreat? If we don't retreat will he not go on to camp 2 ??? If so he won't have the proper troops?? Can you please explain - sorry if I'm being a muppet but I can't work it out??

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    The opposing bandits in those camps can be taken out in one go. So yes after trashing Camp1 you continue to camp2 and trash that one as well.
    So its just to make it a bit faster.
    Nevermind I give up

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukar View Post
    The opposing bandits in those camps can be taken out in one go. So yes after trashing Camp1 you continue to camp2 and trash that one as well.
    So its just to make it a bit faster.
    Thank for the reply Nukar - but if you go on to trash camp 2, why is the next job to block it to get to 3??? if you trash it there is no need to block it is there????

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Im sorry i didnt make it clear enough.
    Attack 1 hits 2 camps in 1 go. Camp 1 and the one before that. I should have used 1st and 2nd.

The camp marked number 2 on the guide you can chose to either block or take out. If you block you will have to wait for a general to recover. If you take it out it wil cost you 16R max. Hasmir provides a choice
    Nevermind I give up

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am afraid of using this blocking method. I rather recommend the blocking method with "Sending the troops ASAP" because they all the same time if your laggy. Sorry not for me..

World
    Newfoundland
    ah ok thanks Nukar - it says attack camp 2 which i took to be camp marked 2 but i see that was a mistake - thank you

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dragons_Breath: I realised I made a mistake in the writting. It should say: send to camp 1 and will get intercepted by one camp before. I see that it makes confusion with other camp 2. Will fix it.

EvilDog: Everyone has their preferred style of play. I dont like those "sending the troops asap" because it can get wrong if the positions are not 100% bullet proof. Like Nukar states: I like and I provide choices. You can still go and use doctor-bobs version. I choose this one and made map out of it. Too each their own

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDog View Post
    I am afraid of using this blocking method. I rather recommend the blocking method with "Sending the troops ASAP" because they all the same time if your laggy. Sorry not for me..
    And how hard is it to look and see how laggy the server is at the time of your Attack/Block.

And don't forget there is a Retreat Button if the timing is out.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Sorry man, I meant 5-6-7.

I think that I maybe sent G5 1-2seconds too early, but I wonder is the timeframe so tight in block position 2. Meaning what is the last position with G4 to send G5. Maybe I'll try to test it in test server

You are right. It seems like its either lag issue or there is a need to send Gen to camp 6 a bit later. It was the same with me G4+G5 went to C5 (obviously 1st wave is totally down + part of 2nd) G3 in that situation was intercepted by camp 6. Fortunately I had spare horses to rebuild cav's needed for further blocks.
    If its lag then we can't do anything about it, still recommending to test this block with 1R everywhere (G3,4,5) to observe if the timing is right. I would rather wait 4 hours than loose over 200 cav due to stupid mistake.

Btw if you use this simulator you can still save some troops if you check best option for few camps
    Last edited by Ra_V_en; 02.05.12 at 15:32.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ra_v_en its definetely the lag problem. I do all blocks in the morning when the lag is low or none. Dont do any blocks (for this or any other adventure) in afternoon or evening, since the lag will prevent you from being successful.
    And I can assure you the blocks are optimal, I myself played Outlaws with my map 6 times without a problem (except twice the lag killed my cav), and other people reported also no issue at all (again, when there is no lag).

Reply to Thread