Hello. This is my first time posting on the forums, but I've been playing the game actively since January (currently Lv. 35).

I am here to tell you all about the MiddleEarth Warriors, a Newfoundland server guild for English speaking players. We're a relatively new guild - the core members of the guild used to work together as members of a previous guild, but when that guild's leader retired from the game, chaos ensued, and from the ashes of this event a number of us left to form a new guild. Our guild leader, richiecorus (Lv. 40) has been playing the game regularly since December and is a wise and friendly leader. Myself and one other guild member assist richiecorus as guild admins.

We currently have only 14 members, mostly from the old guild, and we have a friendly and open environment for players from all walks of life. Right now we're a small guild with the mentality and atmosphere of a small guild, but we would like to start inviting new people into our little family. Our goal is to bring in new members while still maintaining our core base of users and keeping our close-knit and welcoming mentality.

The guild's principles include supporting other members whenever possible or necessary by providing advice, trading or gifting resources, exchanging buffs, adventuring together, and more. We encourage members to use guild chat to build communications and in-game friendships with players, and we generally like to use the chat to have a good laugh as well as offer advice and support to those who need it.

For the MiddleEarth Warriors, fun is the number one priority.

Of course, any guild has to have rules for memberships, and we are no exception. Our rules are as follows:
  • English language only please.
  • Swearing is not strictly prohibited, but it is also not encouraged.
  • When it comes to intolerance, we have a zero tolerance policy. Antagonistic, anti-social and inflammatory behaviour is not welcome in our guild. That said, we do like to have a good laugh.

So now that you know the rules, the next question is what kind of person are we wanting to invite into our family?

We request that all applicants:
  • Must be Lv. 25 or over.
  • Must speak at least strong English, but fluency is preferred.
  • Must be regularly active in the game; we do not expect members to log in every day but we do want people who play multiple times a week (approx. 10 hours a week or more is ideal - many of our senior members play far more than that, though...)
  • Should be friendly, understanding, and easy-going. We want everyone to have a good time playing the game and to enjoy engaging with other guild members.
  • Must like fun.
  • Should have a reasonable degree of competence in and understanding of game mechanics; we don't expect members to have ruthlessly efficient production, and we encourage members to provide advice and support to those who need it.
  • Must agree to always play the game while wearing a silly hat. You must provide a picture of yourself wearing said hat, and our guild admins will judge the relative merits of silliness of it.

Alright, I made that last one up. But wouldn't it be great if there was a guild that forced players to wear silly hats? Maybe I'll start a guild that's like that...naah, I like this guild too much to leave it.

Sound good? Think you might be the kind of person we're looking for? Well we would love to meet you, and here is how you can become a part of our family.
  • First, get in touch with us, either by replying to this thread or by contacting myself or richiecorus in-game. Tell us a little about yourself, including why you want to join us and what you think you can bring to the guild.
  • Second, if we think you're the kind of person we want, we will ask you for a deposit of 100 coins for joining the guild. This is NOT a membership fee - it is a deposit, which means that it will be returned to you at a later date.
  • Third, once we have received your deposit, you will receive an invitation to join the guild. If you accept, you will be designated a Test Member, and your trial membership will begin. This will last anywhere between a few days and a couple of weeks. At the end of your trial, regardless of whether you end up joining the guild or not, you will have your 100 coin deposit returned to you.

If you have any questions about our trial membership scheme for new or prospective members, please let us know, again either through this thread or by contacting myself or richiecorus.

Thanks for reading, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Regards,
StefanWB, guild admin for the MiddleEarth Warriors