Reply to Thread

Thread: Shipyard, Transport Ships

World
    Northisle

Lightbulb Shipyard, Transport Ships

Hello,
    I've recently had chat with one of my ig friends and we where talking about transportation of troops.
    Obviously there is adventures, where there is a need of more than 1k troops on the map to get it done and still players are somehow limited by using generals for transportation. Well its not like its a big deal tho, but it would be such a fun to put the units on a ship and get it transported with more RP style than just somehow teleported to another island.

So idea is like that: new building - shipyard + few kinds of transport ships possible to produce, for example bronze lvl, iron lvl / steal lvl and titanium lvl, additionally on every lvl you will need also different type of wood (and stone?).
    What would be the use of the ships? Basically either the main transportation for all the fighting units (no more fancy teleports) or additional transportation if you lack of free general at the moment.
    What would be the difference within ship types? It can be capacity, travel time to the adventure island and number of times it can be used before it's totally broken down.

What do you think?

Last edited by Ra_V_en; 10.05.12 at 15:44.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    As an alternative to teleporting or flying off your island I think this is an excellent idea that would be in keeping with the 'reality' of the game.

Just quickly, off the top of my head, the building of a shipyard could also produce various ship unit types to:

Transport, to move your general and troops (possibly too in PvP?).
    Fishing, deep sea, an extra resource option akin to stone, marble.
    Exploring - sending your explorer off to find new lands, adventures and exotic spices.

This could be so much fun, especially if you carefully balanced the chance of gaining a rare item with the disaster of ship wreck!
    Last edited by TangSoo; 24.06.12 at 17:34. Reason: Speling

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    you can also add level requirements, more advanced ship higher level you need. Generally i think it is great idea.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    sounds awesome to me, in some adventures there are rowboats and pirateships, would be nice to have a trade offer come in by ship aswell, and a trade offer going out via ship.....

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good idea, leaves plenty of scope for improving and developing the game.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    i like it very much, afterwards it could be well implemented in pvp, but there should be a limit in no of ships a player can have, basicly i'm thinking ships== tavern for water...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra_V_en View Post
    Hello,
    I've recently had chat with one of my ig friends and we where talking about transportation of troops.
    Obviously there is adventures, where there is a need of more than 1k troops on the map to get it done and still players are somehow limited by using generals for transportation. Well its not like its a big deal tho, but it would be such a fun to put the units on a ship and get it transported with more RP style than just somehow teleported to another island.

So idea is like that: new building - shipyard + few kinds of transport ships possible to produce, for example bronze lvl, iron lvl / steal lvl and titanium lvl, additionally on every lvl you will need also different type of wood (and stone?).
    What would be the use of the ships? Basically either the main transportation for all the fighting units (no more fancy teleports) or additional transportation if you lack of free general at the moment.
    What would be the difference within ship types? It can be capacity, travel time to the adventure island and number of times it can be used before it's totally broken down.

What do you think?

Great idea i think ships would be more within the game timeline then teleportation lol

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Wow Ra_V_en, very simple idea, but it sounds amazing! Really hope BB will look into this, for developing the game.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would be so glad if they can introduce new building chain. Cannon chain is simply useless, it costs a lot of coins and granite and even the cannons are 5+ times more expensive than you buy them from players (because they drop in adventures).
    So instead of useless cannon chain, some sheep farms (flax farms) sheeps/flax > cloth/wool> tailor
    And docks for further pvp maybe or for faster transport to adventures, or ships for transproting to new adventures, where you can get only if you would have a docks please make docks

World
    Northisle

Thumbs up deep-sea fishing? Explorers' by sea? Vessel transport? YES to ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ra_V_en View Post
    new building - shipyard + few kinds of transport ships possible to produce, for example bronze lvl, iron lvl / steal lvl and titanium lvl, additionally on every lvl you will need also different type of wood (and stone?).

Quote Originally Posted by TangSoo View Post
    Fishing, deep sea, an extra resource option akin to stone, marble.
    Exploring - sending your explorer off to find new lands, adventures and exotic spices....chance of gaining a rare item with the disaster of ship wreck!
    I absolutely love Ra_V_en's idea! A whole new element to plan for!

I also would love to see TangSoo's idea about the deep-sea fishing (for exotic fish maybe, that are worth 6x more than normal fish!), as well as the explorer's option.

Adding a shipyard, and the capability for building various types of ships would add so much more INTEREST and thoughtful PLANNING to the game. Totally cool --- I'd vote for BOTH of these! Great ideas --- Kudos Ra_V_en and TangSoo!
    Last edited by Elles0705; 08.07.12 at 12:35.

Reply to Thread