Reply to Thread

Thread: queue for geologists

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

queue for geologists

I have to seach for stone, copper and marble every day. It takes a lot of time and is getting very boring.

Maybe it is a good idea to give every geologist a queue (like the provision house or baracks) to stack 3 searches. For example:
    geologist1 (marble - marble - marble),
    geologist2 (stone - stone - copper).

World
    Newfoundland
    To much automation... no.

You are supposed to play the game, not have the game play itself.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    You are supposed to play the game
    Tierarzt, you're great. In which world are one "supposed to play a game"?

I can imagine people being happy with all the daily maintenance this game needs. I can imaging other people would like it more with less maintenance. You know there are game elements like creativity or decision making.

There are great games that emphasize creativity and decision making. This very game is quite good in this respect while building up your economy until level 3. After that, daily maintenance starts dominating one's game play. Would be so cool, when the game could stay the way it has been with early buildup.

I am beyond the early buildup phase and the fun in this game for me is:
    - adjusting my economy to new needs, defined by troop needs per adventure I currently playing.
    - figuring out useful deals on the market, changing as the crowd progresses through its game play.

The maintenance aspect is, while lovely in small doses, several times above the optimum. My daily maintenance:
    - marble: 4 round of three marble geologist
    - wheat: replacing 32 medium wheat fields
    - copper: replacing four copper mines
    - water: replacing 20 medium wells
    - iron: replacing 5 mines
    - occasionally maintaining coal and gold mines

Any improvement to reduce the daily maintenance (that is affordable by non high paying customers) would be pretty much appreciated by me, to free me from such clerk work and let me do more decisions and creativity.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ochrid View Post
    Tierarzt, you're great. In which world are one "supposed to play a game"?

I can imagine people being happy with all the daily maintenance this game needs. I can imaging other people would like it more with less maintenance. You know there are game elements like creativity or decision making.

There are great games that emphasize creativity and decision making. This very game is quite good in this respect while building up your economy until level 3. After that, daily maintenance starts dominating one's game play. Would be so cool, when the game could stay the way it has been with early buildup.

I am beyond the early buildup phase and the fun in this game for me is:
    - adjusting my economy to new needs, defined by troop needs per adventure I currently playing.
    - figuring out useful deals on the market, changing as the crowd progresses through its game play.

The maintenance aspect is, while lovely in small doses, several times above the optimum. My daily maintenance:
    - marble: 4 round of three marble geologist
    - wheat: replacing 32 medium wheat fields
    - copper: replacing four copper mines
    - water: replacing 20 medium wells
    - iron: replacing 5 mines
    - occasionally maintaining coal and gold mines

Any improvement to reduce the daily maintenance (that is affordable by non high paying customers) would be pretty much appreciated by me, to free me from such clerk work and let me do more decisions and creativity.
    That's all part and parcel of playing the game.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I stopped upgrading my mines and quarries. Slow/less resources means less geologist-resource-manangement-stress. All part of the game, but it sucks.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Tierarzt, you may just be the most unhelpful person I have ever seen of any forum ever....well done!

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I have even considered the paid option. It will cost me about 4500 gems to fill all deposits for 1 week. 4500 gems is about 25€. That is a lot of money for 1 week and in my case not an option.

Reply to Thread