I've always been able to identify improvements for any activity, even games.

I have a suggestion for a capital game improvement: Management

The ideea comes from the fact sometimes i cannot login to pause buildings or to buff at certain hours, wich is lame. So the need is that someone should do those things for me. Other thing i dont like is the unsyncronized production that generate +- 10% to much/less raw materials.

1. So there i propose settlers training into better working
Buildin a school will animate the game. Settlers could go to school for some costs (time and resources) and learn:
10% increase production (one extra production after 9 cycles)
or 10% decrease raw materials needed for production (one free raw material production after 9 cycles)
it also open the game for new resources like paper made from pine wood (wich is really an usless resource at hight lvl)

2. Blacksmith can sharp swords for better acuracy, dmg. Armurer cand protect soldiers with armors

3. Happyness could affect general town production:
Resources that can increase happynes : brew at tavern, paper at church, gladiators at arena(use wepons), actors at theatre (trained in schools), winning a battle, bathing with water
Things wich decrease happyness: unemployment, paused or rawmaterial missing buildings, losing a battle, poluation

4. Guild headquarters:
Reserch: each player send scholars with resources to reserch echonomics,military
Delegate : you can send a delegate at guild headquarders with an echonomic order (building production start/stop, building buff etc). An guildmember checks the orders tables while you offline and execute that order for you and gain something for doing that.

well if u want more i can bring more