View Poll Results: Should players have a grace period?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

78 86.67%
  • No

12 13.33%
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Free Building Moving

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Don't get this sissy-dialogue. I am just happy that it won't cost gems to move buildings. ;-)
    Plant some flowers and relax dudes.

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ksinori View Post
    Don't get this sissy-dialogue. I am just happy that it won't cost gems to move buildings. ;-)
    Plant some flowers and relax dudes.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tshh View Post
    Sinister-King , quite clearly you don't understand how much resources you are asking to get for free. And why ? Because as you told you are more advanced than I ? Currently yours such "magnificent" advantage is forcing you to come and ask for free resources.

Fine ask for BB that every single player will get 1kk gc or any other amount of resources and then you will be able to move your buildings. Would you like that ?

My point is that nobody forced you to build buildings in the place you did. Why should you be able to move them freely? Plus moving is cheaper than rebuilding.

In my previous post I paraphrased your idea, which alternative would you choose ? Also have you compared prices needed to build and move buildings ?

After that I haven't been able to participate in all events, by your logic I have to demand this opportunity ?

There is a difference between BB giving everyone free GC and giving them a short term free move ability. With free GC they can be used for anything and are a versatile commodity. With a limited short term free move ability given to everyone the value of this ‘gift’ is very restricted to just moving buildings around and has no real impact on anything other the location you put your buildings down. It is in no way the same as giving everyone free GC.

An event is exactly that. An event which occurs and then stops occurring. What we’re talking about though is a permanent feature, one that should have been in the game from the start, same as an economic overview, this is where the problem starts.

The move building feature is going to be a permanent feature everyone will be able to do forever more and not at all the same thing as an event. An event is something you are there for or miss. This feature is something we were lacking from the start, it wasn’t missed by not having been playing at the time, it just wasn’t in the game back then and to introduce it now penalises those that started playing the game so early on.

So those that played from the start feel it would be nice to be able to use this feature for free temporarily in order to bring them up to a balanced level of everyone else that will be able to use this new feature at a cheaper rate when there buildings are at the lower levels as well as benefit from the guides on efficient building placements that would limit how many buildings they might need to move. Something the longer playing players couldn’t utilise all that time ago and now have L5 buildings which are much more expensive to move.

I think the point that’s trying to be made is longer playing players are penalised for having played longer if they use the new move system compared to newer players.

For example Player A has played since nov last year.

They had no guides for just about anything and so put down and upgrade a number of buildings in naff places. As they went up in levels they upgraded there buildings in naff places too.

At some point they then realised ‘oh dang it half of my buildings are now L5 and not in very efficient places’.

Player B now comes along. Makes a new account and goes to the forums and sees:
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ding-Placement
    Also talks with other players or guild members and find out what is the best or most efficient thing to do to maximise there building placement, information which is much more readily available now. This will result in them having a lot less buildings placed in naff places, if at all and triple checked before getting upgraded to lvl 5.

So now we introduce the move building feature.

Player B might need to move 4-5 buildings and because he listened to his friends or guildies didn’t upgrade his buildings to lvl 4 or lvl 5 and waited for the move feature to come out.

Player A though might have half there map need re-organising with 20-30 buildings all now at lvl 5 which costs a lot to move.

Thus the point is the long term players are penalised for having supported/played the game for so long. There was no chance to get this benefit before like an event thanks to it being introduced after such a long time.

Least that’s what I see the problem as being.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    The move building feature is going to be a permanent feature everyone will be able to do forever more and not at all the same thing as an event. An event is something you are there for or miss. This feature is something we were lacking from the start, it wasn’t missed by not having been playing at the time, it just wasn’t in the game back then and to introduce it now penalises those that started playing the game so early on.

So those that played from the start feel it would be nice to be able to use this feature for free temporarily in order to bring them up to a balanced level of everyone else that will be able to use this new feature at a cheaper rate when there buildings are at the lower levels as well as benefit from the guides on efficient building placements that would limit how many buildings they might need to move. Something the longer playing players couldn’t utilise all that time ago and now have L5 buildings which are much more expensive to move.

I think the point that’s trying to be made is longer playing players are penalised for having played longer if they use the new move system compared to newer players.
    That sums it up pretty damn well.

Players in their early stages don't realize how lucky they are to have this feature as is. People with similar islands to what I took a screenshot of earlier are in big trouble and months of saving for a feature that should of been implemented in the early stages of the game.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Still don't get it. I started playing in the last week of february. Sure I spend a lot of money. Comes with the impatience.
    It will NOT cost gems to move buildings. That is one awesome move from BB. Celebrate it. Naaah - I cannot wait for that thing to happen either, sooo - I'll just tear down the buildings, like 1000 before me has done, and move them.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've been waiting for this but no, we shouldn't get a free grace period. I want to regroup my buildings and yes I may have to do it in 2 stages because of how my island is laid out, but it's not exactly a huge priority. I don't know how many buildings I want to move but I do have plenty of resources too. For me I'd rather see us wait until we can afford to move them, rather than get something for nothing. This game rewards patience. It makes you earn everything you achieve. it should be the same for buildings too.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cully View Post
    For me I'd rather see us wait until we can afford to move them, rather than get something for nothing. This game rewards patience. It makes you earn everything you achieve. it should be the same for buildings too.
    The feature should have been in the game from the start. Long term players have been patiently waiting for the feature for months. Now it’s here they feel they shouldn't need to spend thousands of resources to sort out there island due a bad development timeline.

They are not asking to gain something for nothing. They are in fact trying to make sure they don’t lose something when using this new feature compared to other newer players who have the benefit of this new feature and better information.

If Player A has played since the game started and has 30 lvl 5 buildings that need to be moved then lets say it will costs them 200k in resources.

Then Player B has only played for a month or 2 and thanks to guides and better information and knowing the moving feature is soon to come they only have lvl 3 buildings and 4-5 buildings in a bad place. So they will only need to spend perhaps 20-30k resources.

Player A has done nothing wrong and didn’t miss an event or something of that nature and yet this new feature is going to cost them a significantly larger amount of resources to move the buildings around. What there saying is this is unfair. They are not saying give us 200k resources AND let us move our buildings. What there asking is to be allowed to move there buildings so they are not 170k of resources out of pocket compared to Player B. They don’t want something for nothing, they just want to have the opportunity to move there buildings at the little cost they could have achieved if they were player B.

There not saying it should be free period. They simply want to be able to be given the opportunity to briefly correct the naff position the game has put them in and have the same opportunity of newer players that can benefit from this new system who won’t need to spend thousands of resources on this new feature thanks to the feature itself being available when there at an early level and having access to better information regarding building positioning.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister-King View Post
    That sums it up pretty damn well.

Players in their early stages don't realize how lucky they are to have this feature as is. People with similar islands to what I took a screenshot of earlier are in big trouble and months of saving for a feature that should of been implemented in the early stages of the game.
    I've been playing since November - can't get too much longer than that. And I do'nt want free building moves. I have an advantage because I've got a nice full island with the resources to be able to move stuff when I want - and if I can't move them when I want - I'll wait a day or half a day even and do it then.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cully View Post
    I've been playing since November - can't get too much longer than that. And I do'nt want free building moves. I have an advantage because I've got a nice full island with the resources to be able to move stuff when I want - and if I can't move them when I want - I'll wait a day or half a day even and do it then.
    Hi Cully, I don't expect everyone to understand since its difficult to imagine being in the situation I've described some people in.

However, I am glad the majority do realize this.

Thanks for your thoughts nevertheless .
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 26.07.12 at 11:31.

Reply to Thread