Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: problems loading

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

problems loading

Is anyone else having issues getting into the game today? My status bar gets most of the way to the end (probably about 95%) and just hangs there.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Mauthis,

Have you tried emptying your cache and cookies? You can also try updating your Flash and contacting support for help if nothing works.

Good luck,
    BB_Azariel
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    All sorted now thank you! Turns out I forgot to clear my cache fully

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    So, I DID clear my cache and cookies fully, and it won't load for me. It doesn't even get to 95%. It gets to about 2%.

I left Friday for a trip to the beach. I came back 38 hours later, and booted up the computer. The game wouldn't fully load, and so I decided to clear things out. (The only thing I didn't clear were the Auto-fill options. Is that relevant?) The game still won't load. (See above gripe.) I'm running Google Chrome with Windows 7 on an HP laptop. My service provider is TIGO and I use, best as I can figure out, an air card to connect.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Snowdove,

Please ask support for help on this as they'll be able to find the cause much faster than me ^^"

Good luck!
    BB_Azariel
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I wrote up a support ticket per your suggestion, but the page after I hit "submit" was kind of funky. I was expecting a "Your request has arrived and will be processed in the order it was received" sort of screen. So, I sent the ticket again and the same thing happened. I hope it was received.

EDIT: found that reply in my e-mail. Sadly it was submitted twice. I hate it when that happens.
    Last edited by snowdove; 01.08.12 at 04:42. Reason: Found confirmation in my e-mail

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Yeah, so...that was completely unsupportive. In the end they just told me to change browsers. Sorry...I'm not downloading a bunch of unnecessary and undesirable stuff that isn't on my computer and would never put on my computer just to continue to play this game. It was running fine before I left. The computer was off while I was gone. Nothing changed on my end. I'll keep checking in about once per week to see if it starts working, but considering the cost to fun ratio (with "cost" in this instance being calculated as "effort and space on my computer which will be taken up by a bunch of unwanted browser junk") this game just isn't worth it.

Please hire some support members who know something about computers. I can do this on my own: http://xkcd.com/627/

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Snowdove,

I'm sorry that they were not able to help you.
    Please note that even when you don't do anything, many programs will automatically update themselves when you turn on your computer. It's not because you've not done anything that the issue is not in your computer. On our side we have changed nothing to the game, so it should be working just as well on your computer than on anyone else's.
    What browser do you use? Do you play with internet explorer? Does anyone else have access to your computer?

Best,
    BB_Azariel

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdove View Post
    I'm running Google Chrome with Windows 7 on an HP laptop. My service provider is TIGO and I use, best as I can figure out, an air card to connect.
    The only other person with access to my computer (but not my account; we have separate log-ins on the main screen) was at the beach with me.

I understand that things automatically update which is why I don't understand why I would ever have a problem. I clicked on some of your update links on the homepage (before ever posting here), and it was all "You are using Google Chrome. You can't update this stuff manually because we keep you updated all the time so you never have to worry about anything!" (So, it was really sort of annoying when the support person who replied to my ticket said "You should update stuff." And I'm like "Did you even read that I told you I'm using Google Chrome?")

So, to answer your second question, no, I don't use Internet Explorer.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Any further solutions? Still unable to load the game.

Reply to Thread