Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Server is slow / laggy

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post
    I understand Orca45,

The maintenance should of improved the lag issue

There should be a big fix regarding this issue once the Halloween event is closed.

I'll keep you informed.

regards

BB_Dantesama
    Dantesama.
    I'm very disappointed in BB.
    Now i see the retail box is comming up in store.
    I know that BB needs money, and the retail box is a good marketing item.
    But .....
    With a retailbox, BB try to get new members, but more members/players more lag, and server get more slower then ever.
    And what to do with the mebers who played from the beginning ?

Why BB doesnt try to get an solution for the lag.

Now the halloween is over, the lag is still there, we get soon Christmas, so the lag wont be gone for a while.

Sometimes i think its my PC, but early in the morning around 07:00 o'clock, all is good no lag, and play with much fun.
    Later in the morning it get worse, and the end of the day, terrible.

Here the things what went good in the morning and get worse later on the day:

- Buffing (sometimes later on the day, when i do 25 buffs, it takes minutes to do it, in morning a few seconds)
    - Load and Unload army.
    - Make Buffs and Army (provision house and barracks)

Adventures:
    - Sometimes takes a general lots of time to get out his garrison (sometimes minutes)
    - Sometimes general is standing still, and runs afterwards
    - Accepting an Invite (always relog to get invite)

And so on.

BB DO YOUR JOB, AND TRY TO GET A SOLUTION FOR THE LAG.
    I herad from different players to give BB a change to fix it in the next few days/weeks, else they stop to play the game.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have to agree with orca, try to play adventures during peak times is a joke now.

It also includes try to visit other peoples maps.

I really do like this game, but trying to play like this is heart breaking.

Just a question, could it be something as simple as buff effects with the amount of people playing? When the server was younger, people were only doing a few buffs each day, but now most players are upto the 100's of buffs per day.
    Last edited by DaveyDent; 09.11.12 at 08:22.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Orca45 View Post
    Dantesama.
    I'm very disappointed in BB.
    Now i see the retail box is comming up in store.
    I know that BB needs money, and the retail box is a good marketing item.
    But .....
    With a retailbox, BB try to get new members, but more members/players more lag, and server get more slower then ever.
    And what to do with the mebers who played from the beginning ?

Why BB doesnt try to get an solution for the lag.

Now the halloween is over, the lag is still there, we get soon Christmas, so the lag wont be gone for a while.

Sometimes i think its my PC, but early in the morning around 07:00 o'clock, all is good no lag, and play with much fun.
    Later in the morning it get worse, and the end of the day, terrible.

Here the things what went good in the morning and get worse later on the day:

- Buffing (sometimes later on the day, when i do 25 buffs, it takes minutes to do it, in morning a few seconds)
    - Load and Unload army.
    - Make Buffs and Army (provision house and barracks)

Adventures:
    - Sometimes takes a general lots of time to get out his garrison (sometimes minutes)
    - Sometimes general is standing still, and runs afterwards
    - Accepting an Invite (always relog to get invite)

And so on.

BB DO YOUR JOB, AND TRY TO GET A SOLUTION FOR THE LAG.
    I herad from different players to give BB a change to fix it in the next few days/weeks, else they stop to play the game.
    I have to second all of this also and I hope the new fixes really do fix it as playing during peak times is really putting me off playing all together.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am with Orca45 - on this one. When the lag is gone - we got ourselves one awesome game.

When lag is on - in "prime-time" - there are so many weird and sometimes funny things that can happen. It is actually SO stupid, as we - the players write to Support, and get horrible answers that indicates that it is not BB's fault. But you all know that it IS BB - who got the monkey.

Furthermore - when lag is NOT on - that means all the time (Why do I even bother to work for free - for BB - beats me too.):

your game crash if:

- You are being buffed and try to enter an adventure - or someone else's adventure.
    - You are on an adventure - and you open a mail with buff-info.

BB - lot's of work ahead. You got us hooked for now - don't loose it.
    Step on it.

BB_Dantesama promise us all the time that it will get better - but actually - it's only getting worse. Patience is NOT a commodity.

It appears to me, that someone on BB is not really learning - when Settlers 7 was 1 year old - the game completely crashed. TSO is 1 year old now.
    So who is the funny guy, with all the excuses on BB - that is handling lag-issue? And why didn't he see it coming 1 year ago? (He had the knowledge from Settlers 7).

The latest maintenance still have to reveal what new bug we got - but the maintenance is always equal with a new bug.
    No? The previous maintenance - gave us the bug, that generals that should be able to travel to an adventure in 15 minutes, now use more than 20 minutes for this task.

Stop the excuses!

Before I retired - I used to sack the funny guy(s) with all the excuses.

I too know - that writing on the forum is a complete waste of time, but strategy-players are brain-people - we get frustrated. ;-)

World
    Newfoundland
    Yepp. It is barely playable anymore :-/
    Last edited by Nihilst; 10.11.12 at 17:16.

Reply to Thread