Reply to Thread

Thread: Existing Mine Deposits Notification

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Existing Mine Deposits Notification

Dear game designers,
    Let me start by sating: Great Game!
    I enjoy it very much, however there is one aspect of the gameplay that I find very tedious and takes some of the fun out.
    I'm talking about how my geologist can only find a specific amount of deposits (with respect to the number of conquered sections).
    That in itself is perfectly logical.
    However, the problem is that since some of the deposits take a very long time to get discovered,
    I don't want to waste my time looking for a deposit if I know in advance that I'm not going to find it
    because my number of sectors hasn't changed.
    This creates a situation where I am constantly counting the number of available deposits that I have of each ore
    and comparing it to the number of deposits that I know I am capable of finding.
    Like I said, this job is quite tedious and boring.

My suggestion is this:
    Since I agree that the player need not know ahead of time how many deposits he is capable of finding,
    I suggest just displaying to him the amount of deposits that he currently has available (including the ones with mines on them).
    That way, the player doesn't have to do the tedious counting and can just compare that number with the number he knows is the maximum.
    Of course when a new sector is conquered, this number will no longer help him.
    But once he establishes the max count again, then the number will indeed prevent the tedious counting.

I also recommend placing this number in the geologist screen (the one that displays the icons of all the ores).
    Next to each one you can write "X existing" or something like that.
    Better yet, at the bottom of the geologist window, where the duration is displayed, in parentheses.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of this suggestion,
    Vensa
    Last edited by vensa; 10.12.12 at 08:30.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1 for this....it's so annoying to have your geo do a long search only to find you already have the maximum.....even though there are more available on your map.

A simpler solution might be that the message that comes up saying you have the maximum is shown when you start the search rather than at the end.....at least then you haven't wasted the time.

I believe BB has reduced search time for stone and copper.......thanks for that.

Reply to Thread