Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Bandit nest 10/0 (5 woods and 5 titanium)-looks impossible, but it really happened.
    After that, I basically destroyed my island, sold out everything that is sell-able for nothing/I guess it was feeding frenzy today at the market/ and I'm leaving this game for good after I burned bridges/ships behind me.
    Again-great job BB guys-I enjoyed this game, spending time and money on it because it was just relaxing and fun for me after hard day job. And this event quest really killed&bored it all. I'll find some something else to do, but this was enough for me...
    I was here around half a year playing almost every day and there is no more. I have nothing else to write-only to repeat what I wrote few day before:

"Whatever idiot thought this with random awards from adventure gonna be fun-well it isn't and is killing everything I liked it this game.
    BB should keep that guy(s) out from development of game because it was a "really good" job done..."

Ende.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Finally after the 7th attempt at Bandits Nest I came home with 700 Granite which does indeed complete the quest. I was worried as i though twhen it said 600 i might fail as i had more than that but panic not.

I can also neither confirm or deny that standing on one leg with a finger up your nostril and singing "Deutchland uber alles" helps but i was in fact doing this after humming "God save the queen" during attempt 6 did not work. It might be worth a shot.

Anyway, now i'm off to make 10000 Musk buffs and give away 10000 Hardwood planks - great fun!

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Hey, I've had to play Motherly 5 times before I got my granite loot. And guess what, I didn't loose one minute of sleep over it.
    I don't understand how people can claim this quest "ruined the game" for them. You could have decided not to play it no?
    And now with Surprise, I messed up a block and it will take me 2 days to rebuild, using drill plan and these very expensive atm.
    Guess what? I can cope with that. [ Censored ] happens, in real life and in this game.
    If you can't deal with a small setback in this game, how are you coping in real life?
    And I really don't like that we got an extra week. It was perfectly do-able time. Even with a bit of bad luck.
    So I suggest you give a nice statue to the people who do finish it in the original time frame.
    Last edited by peck_ed; 09.03.13 at 15:39.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless- View Post
    So I suggest you give a nice statue to the people who do finish it in the original time frame.
    Och no comment. Many people ever to finish.

Motherly ONLY 5 times. Lucker.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl View Post
    Well good for you. Shall we throw your party now or after you're done?

I know somebody who has done 4 Surprise Attacks and still had no granite. Those adventures cost him 7k, btw. Enough for 2 silos/watermills.

The quest chain is not mandatory, and as a few ppl have already commented - the amount of resources you would need to expend to complete the chain would more than pay for a silo and a watermill - so why are so many of you moaning about having to do these quests? I for one am enjoying having something a little different to do rather than grinding out quests until I hit 50. The only thing I had issue with is the very tight schedule for completion but BB have sorted that.

Thanks BB for trying something different and taking onboard some of the constructive criticism. Surely this is what being a beta game is about? Finding what does and doesn't work?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNipa View Post
    The quest chain is not mandatory, and as a few ppl have already commented - the amount of resources you would need to expend to complete the chain would more than pay for a silo and a watermill - so why are so many of you moaning about having to do these quests? I for one am enjoying having something a little different to do rather than grinding out quests until I hit 50. The only thing I had issue with is the very tight schedule for completion but BB have sorted that.

Thanks BB for trying something different and taking onboard some of the constructive criticism. Surely this is what being a beta game is about? Finding what does and doesn't work?
    People aren't moaning about having to do them, they're saying that the chain leaves a lot - too much - to chance. A chance your explorers will bring back granite. A chance you will receive granite from an adventure that cannot be brought back by your explorers, and for the lower levels has no lootspot to buy or sell to help each other out. The economy is completely ruined by greedy people who think they can sell Surprise Attack for upwards of 5k, or a lootspot for 3k. And all this right before the Easter event to drain away all those carefully accumulated resources.

Personally I'm tired of the people who like it insisting that everyone else should either do the same, or not have an opinion. I don't see the negative posts shouting people down. And now they've extended it for another week. My joy is unconfined.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    And we want new content ... we wait patiently for it ... then we get this drivel. And extending the timescale, though it will undoubtedly help those who have decided to do it, is no answer. Given another week I may have decided to try it, too late now. Far better to getr these things right at the start .... try thinking it through properly next time?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I finished the quest a few days ago - did bandit's nest 2 times and Old friends 3 times.
    (btw the chance of getting granite in OF is 44% and not 61% as it is written on the first page of this thread)

Finishing did not bring me any satisfaction. On the contrary - I stopped playing after that.
    For me, everyone is loser with this quest line - people who managed to do it and people who didn't.

I got too sick of watching the prices of the adventures on the market
    and the frenzy of people offering BN for 1300-1500+ gold coins and old friends for 700-800-1000gc.

I haven't played the game since I finished the quest line.
    I got in today just to rebuild 1 or 2 fields - and decided to build the big reward - the water mill.
    Got the message "Server zone crashed". And I haven't been able to log in since.
    From what I read in the bugs section - the water mill might even be gone the next time the game lets me in.

Ironic, isn't it

PS: Some suggestion - such a questline should either not have a deadline or not have a requirement to get a specific reward from an adventure.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    PS: Some suggestion - such a questline should either not have a deadline or not have a requirement to get a specific reward from an adventure.
    I totally agree with that.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    So this quest chain is only good for low level players is what I'm reading....
    Yes I had to do ML 11 times to get granite which was hard and not appreciated but have completed the quest and thanks for the opportunity to do something different BB. I appreciated it - although I would appreciate the raising of the level cap more ;-)

Reply to Thread